And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on August 15, 2014, 10:53:53 AM
Am I the only one who keeps derspiess and DGuller confused?  :blush:
Man, you've really been banned for a long time.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on August 15, 2014, 10:48:58 AM
Well, looks like now is the watershed moment.  Was this a feint to see if Ukraine will ever have the balls to fire on Russians, or is the shit going down down now?

I would say shit is going down.  I can't imagine Putin would send a column in to get shot up and then do nothing further.

Then again, I didn't think he'd invade at all.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Hopefully Ukraine does a better job defending itself than the Kurds and Iraqis did.  How motivated will the Russians really be?  They just need to make it hard for the Russians.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Recently I spent several minutes - and then had to go through the members list - to remember fahdiz's nick. I am friends with him on Facebook so I know his real name but couldn't remember that here he was "fahdiz"/  :blush:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on August 15, 2014, 10:53:53 AM
Am I the only one who keeps derspiess and DGuller confused?  :blush:

Yes. The rest of us get Alfred Russell and DGuller confused.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

He took the vowels out to be like...um...a bronze age language I guess.  fhdz.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

I wonder how Obama will react.

Whatever he does, I hope he does it *quickly*.

Surely they have a contingency plan in place for this, right? I mean, it's not like the possibility that this would occur is some great surprise.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on August 15, 2014, 10:53:00 AM
But they have these vehemently anti-immigration parties winning elections and whatnot.

That doesn't mean they hate all foreigners. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

For that matter, what will Europe do?

Anything?

Anything?

Anything?

Anything at all?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on August 15, 2014, 10:55:42 AM
Hopefully Ukraine does a better job defending itself than the Kurds and Iraqis did.  How motivated will the Russians really be?  They just need to make it hard for the Russians.

I just can't imagine Russia holding to East Ukraine for long - if he tries to, knowing Ukrainians, he will have a guerilla war on his hands soon enough. I guess his goal is simply to keep Ukraine destabilised so it never gets into shape it needs to join the EU and NATO.

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on August 15, 2014, 10:57:15 AM

Surely they have a contingency plan in place for this, right? I mean, it's not like the possibility that this would occur is some great surprise.

PREVED MEDVED

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on August 15, 2014, 10:57:15 AM

Let's hope he is not flushing the bombers just yet.

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on August 15, 2014, 10:57:40 AM

Anything?

Anything?

Anything?

Anything at all?

There is no "Europe". There is the UK, France and Germany that make sweet deals with Putin and his oligarchs; Spain and Italy who couldn't care less; and Poland and the Baltics who are alternatively shitting their pants and rattling their sabers. (Un)surprisingly, the Scandies seem to be the most reasonable and principled in all of this, calling a spade a spade but telling Poles and the Balts to cool it for a while.

derspiess

Well as long as their not shitting their sabers & rattling their pants, they should be okay.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on August 15, 2014, 10:59:38 AM
Quote from: Berkut on August 15, 2014, 10:57:40 AM

Anything?

Anything?

Anything?

Anything at all?

There is no "Europe". There is the UK, France and Germany that make sweet deals with Putin and his oligarchs; Spain and Italy who couldn't care less; and Poland and the Baltics who are alternatively shitting their pants and rattling their sabers. (Un)surprisingly, the Scandies seem to be the most reasonable and principled in all of this, calling a spade a spade but telling Poles and the Balts to cool it for a while.

You need to get up to speed with the forum again dude, because I am actually agreeing with you in this thread, and that shouldn't happen. :P