News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 28, 2022, 06:27:47 PMYeah and before Scholz slightly upended things I would see that Danish model pop up a lot in articles about "what to do about the fall of social democracy/centre left in Europe". I can't remember any of the details but I think it was normally the Danish model (which might only apply in other Northern European countries) of trying to take the radical right's ideas to bolster/secure your traditional vote;or the Iberian model which I've forgotten :blush:

Understandable, our government has forgotten too.  <_<

Sheilbh

Russia has withdrawn from Snake Island.

According to their MOD this is a goodwill gesture to show they're not trying to block corridors transporting food from Ukraine.

According to Russian military telegrams (and I think Ukrainian statements), they withdrew because staying in the island under fire from Caesars was a suicide mission.

Feels significant in working out how to get foot shipments out of Ukraine.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 30, 2022, 05:16:19 AMFeels significant in working out how to get foot shipments out of Ukraine.

Martinus will be quite happy. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 30, 2022, 05:16:19 AMRussia has withdrawn from Snake Island.

According to their MOD this is a goodwill gesture to show they're not trying to block corridors transporting food from Ukraine.

According to Russian military telegrams (and I think Ukrainian statements), they withdrew because staying in the island under fire from Caesars was a suicide mission.

It's a trap?
██████
██████
██████

Threviel

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 30, 2022, 05:16:19 AMRussia has withdrawn from Snake Island.

Not easy for Ukraine to re-occupy it. Anything they put there can be shot at more or less at will by Russian air and naval assets. It will probably be a no-mans land for a while.

crazy canuck

Can we ask the MOD to ban Russia?

Legbiter

Yeah like they said the withdrawal from Kænugarður and all of Northern Ukraine was a goodwill gesture and in any case just a feint...
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Sheilbh

Yep. It's so rare and nice for a change to see an aggressive invading power make quite so many goodwill gestures.
Let's bomb Russia!

Threviel

Sweden sent another $50 million worth of equipment to Ukraine. We're soon up to Charles XII level aid for Ukraine.

Jacob

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 30, 2022, 07:11:45 AMYep. It's so rare and nice for a change to see an aggressive invading power make quite so many goodwill gestures.

:lmfao:

Zanza

https://mobile.twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1542468576917028864
QuoteRussia published its statistics on the economy for May.

Lets compare May 2022 with May 2021.

Cars: -96.7%
Trucks: -39.3%
ICE motors: -57%
Pass. train wagons: -59.8%
Fiberglass cables: -80.8%
Fridges: -58.1%
Washing machines: -59.2%
AC electric motors: -49.9%
Excavators: -60%

Western sanctions seem to bite.

Admiral Yi

Razgovory

Quote from: Zanza on June 30, 2022, 11:41:56 AMhttps://mobile.twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1542468576917028864
QuoteRussia published its statistics on the economy for May.

Lets compare May 2022 with May 2021.

Cars: -96.7%
Trucks: -39.3%
ICE motors: -57%
Pass. train wagons: -59.8%
Fiberglass cables: -80.8%
Fridges: -58.1%
Washing machines: -59.2%
AC electric motors: -49.9%
Excavators: -60%

Western sanctions seem to bite.
What doe these numbers mean?  Exports?  Imports?  Manufactured? 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017