News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Malthus on October 08, 2022, 12:38:06 AMAny word yet on how they did it?
Sigarettes. Russian bridges are flammable.
That, or it was the moskva sailing in...

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zanza

According to these tweets it means that there is no more railways connection for the entire southern front as the other rail line on land is in range of Ukrainian fire.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1572389840007892992.html

Iormlund

Apparently there's something below the bridge appearing right before the explosion, perhaps an Ukranian unmanned boat.

Syt

Not exactly the birthday gift that Putin was hoping for, I guess.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

I do recall watching a video yesterday from one of the main Ukrainian war reporters on YouTube saying he knew something big was planned in the south but wouldn't reveal it :hmm:

I wonder how intentional leaving one road intact was. It does make sense and fit with Ukraines style to leave an escape route.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Jacob on October 08, 2022, 12:42:52 AMAs someone said "a punch in Putin's face on his birthday" :cheers:

No cake this time.

Maladict

The road bridge seems to have collapsed in two separate places. Quite the accident.

Josquius

A thought. I wonder whether Ukraine might have been well served with Ukraine by adding to its get out whilst you still can with an offer of amnesty and citizenship with few hoops for post 2014 arrivals who want it.
Might have encouraged crimea as a place for anti Putin Russians... With interesting results.
██████
██████
██████

Iormlund

Quote from: Josquius on October 08, 2022, 04:24:51 AMI wonder how intentional leaving one road intact was. It does make sense and fit with Ukraines style to leave an escape route.

I don't know if "intact" is the word I'd use.

I think far more important is how damaged is the rail line.

Legbiter

No more logistics for the Russian troops in Kherson. Or Crimea for that matter. :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Legbiter

Very neatly done. I'd guess Ukrainian SOF laid charges via boat. :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

HVC

Russians are saying truck. But then again it's a Russian source so take that for what you will.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

Irrelevant to the war but I wonder if anyone more up on Ukrainian sources can let me know on this...Reading today that Ukraine has declared the Kuril islands are legally part of Japan.
If true this is...amateur hour fucked up as Japan itself doesn't even claim the Kuril islands, the entire kuril island dispute is about whether a few islands are part of the kurils or not.
Is it the western media completely failing to understand something in east asia (as per usual) or did Ukraine really fuck up?
██████
██████
██████

Crazy_Ivan80

or maybe they were just talking about the contested islands.