News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Jacob on September 26, 2022, 01:44:04 PM
Quote from: PDH on September 26, 2022, 01:43:06 PMHell, it is Russia - he can go to jail and THEN go to the front a couple of weeks later

Might not be wise, given his record of being willing to shoot superior officers. But who knows.

At least they know he's a good shot
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on September 26, 2022, 01:44:04 PM
Quote from: PDH on September 26, 2022, 01:43:06 PMHell, it is Russia - he can go to jail and THEN go to the front a couple of weeks later

Might not be wise, given his record of being willing to shoot superior officers. But who knows.
they're not stupid.  they send him to the front without his weapons...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 26, 2022, 04:31:10 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy1YO3wxUV8

School shooting in Russia inspired by Coloumbine.

Fuck!  Putin is enough domestic evil that they don't need to import any from the outside.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Videos of WWI levels massacres of fresh conscripts already floating around on Telegram. It's fucking nuts. :wacko:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

viper37

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 26, 2022, 11:28:34 PMVideos of WWI levels massacres of fresh conscripts already floating around on Telegram. It's fucking nuts. :wacko:
sending untrained and barely armed recruits to the front facing a determined and well armed enemy was a bad idea?  Who would have thought?

Seriously, I'd thought they would give them some minimal training before rushing them to the front.  At least try to give them rifles, even old ones.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Crazy_Ivan80

Giving them white flags would be more humane

Josquius

Maybe the plan is to break Ukranian morale with all the senseless slaughter.
The more pathetic they can make the conscripts the better. Send in the 207th unarmoured babushka brigade.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 26, 2022, 11:28:34 PMVideos of WWI levels massacres of fresh conscripts already floating around on Telegram. It's fucking nuts. :wacko:

I haven't tried to look for them but I am having trouble believing these videos exist. As madly stupid as Russia is, I don't think they'd be sending fresh conscripts a week after they got fetched from their homes in mass assaults.

Josquius

It does sound incredibly stupid and suspect.
But given everything we have seen from Russia in this war...
Also worth remembering they've kind of been doing this with Donbass people since before the war already-that could be who the video shows.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

...also the conscripts do have some military training no? Aren't they reservists?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tamas

Quote from: Josephus on September 27, 2022, 07:04:43 AM...also the conscripts do have some military training no? Aren't they reservists?

Yeah but maybe you have a different concept of reservist than what the situation is in the mass-armies of old which still exist in Russia. These people are conscripts, they had military training (of very dubious quality if stories of even Cold War Hungary are anything to go by, let alone stories from the 90s), then sent back to civilian life with no more "refresher" training between that and eventual mobilisation.

I guess that was fine for even WW2 but it must be entirely useless when you have drones and HIMARS and such.

I am almost 100% certain the news of new conscripts sent headlong into machine guns when just one week before they were civilians is not true. It may very well happen later on, but not THIS soon.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josephus on September 27, 2022, 07:04:43 AM...also the conscripts do have some military training no? Aren't they reservists?

In Russian speaks a reservist seems to be anyone that has been a conscript before.

In the eastern republics & oblast the record keeping seemed to have been really bad and the twitter spheres information is that they are basically sending anyone they can find.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Legbiter

Both Nordstream 1 and 2 were apparently sabotaged yesterday. In multiple places.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.