News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 20, 2024, 10:19:15 AM
Quote from: grumbler on May 19, 2024, 09:53:19 AMI ran this through my gibberish-to-English translator and it still came out as gibberish.

Then either you do not posses a gibberish to English translator or what I posted was not gibberish.

I note that you snipped out the part of my post that showed yours to be gibberish.  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: grumbler on May 20, 2024, 05:14:47 PMI note that you snipped out the part of my post that showed yours to be gibberish.  :lol:

I snipped out the part where you requested an explanation because I had no interest in providing you an explanation.  I left in the part where you asserted it was gibberish and claimed to prove that it was gibberish.

Tonitrus

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 20, 2024, 05:26:39 PMI snipped out the part where you requested an explanation because I had no interest in providing you an explanation.  I left in the part where you asserted it was gibberish and claimed to prove that it was gibberish.

Translation: your gibberish-to English translator worked no better than mine, so you decided to pretend that it was your choice to leave it gibberish.  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: grumbler on May 20, 2024, 10:00:36 PMTranslation: your gibberish-to English translator worked no better than mine, so you decided to pretend that it was your choice to leave it gibberish.  :lol:

Your theory, not being susceptible to proof or disproof, does not interest me.

Habbaku

I understood Yi's post and meaning just fine, unsurprisingly. Do I speak: authentic frontier gibberish?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on Today at 11:29:57 AMI understood Yi's post and meaning just fine, unsurprisingly. Do I speak: authentic frontier gibberish?

Excellent.  You can be my gibberish-to-English translator then.  What is the "waste of resources?"  What is the "very rich country?"  In what way were the Mercury astronauts "PR eye candy?"

The post immediately before his was talking about the Soviet Union and the Soviet space program, but Yi's post makes no sense in that context.

Bayraktar!