News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on Today at 02:10:57 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on Today at 01:46:13 PMBefore 1941, the German government encouraged Jewish emigration (after a heavy emigration tax and severe limits to the amount of money that could be taken from the country.)

That doesn't sound like a set of policies one would enact to encourage emigration  :ph34r:

Fair, they had other policies that encouraged emmigration.  Knowing Languish I knew someone was going to bring up the emigration tax if I didn't.

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josquius

Quote from: Barrister on Today at 12:16:34 PMThis is just sort of an aside.  My 10 year old was kind of interested in conspiracy theories.  He asked me once "what do you think the biggest conspiracy theory in the world is".

I think he expected me to say flat earth, or moon landings were fake, or something "fun".

Instead I had to answer "that Jews secretly control the world".

Now to our kids credit (or how he's been raised) I don't think he's ever heard of such a thing.  But sadly though I don't think he's ever met a jewish person, which is maybe just an Edmonton thing.  Jewish population in Winnipeg growing up was pretty significant.

My first introduction to Jews as a thing that actually exists in the modern west and anti - semitism was South Park.
That I'm aware of I can't remember ever meeting a Jewish person before then. They just existed as some vague thing in the history books from Ww2.
I really don't think my experience in this is too unusual.
And I grew up not too far from one of the biggest heredi communities around.
██████
██████
██████