Justice experts seek Israel-Gaza war crimes inquiry

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 09:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Quote from: Syt on August 03, 2014, 04:55:08 AM
What gets me is people whining about the civilian dead who fail to see that while yes, it's regrettable, it's for a large part caused by Hamas hiding behind said civilians and daring IDF to shoot at them.

Not to mention that civilian casualties are, for the IDF, not their main goal, but rather a sad and unfortunate result of the battleground in Gaza. For Hamas, however, attacking and killing civilians is standard operation procedure.

I think the only way to have lasting peace in Gaza at this point is to take all Palestinian inhabitants and move them to the West Bank.

Fuck, my bro. I agree 100%.
I am so happy that you, of all people, understand what's going on.
Believe me, I hold no grudge against your people.
The Torah prohibits me from holding the sins of the parents over their children.
People are responsible for their own acts, they don't magically fall over their descendants.

Of course, the same applies for the Pals.
They could break the cycle any time they wanted.

By the way, Gazans have more in common culturally with Egypt than with the West Bank arabs.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Siege

Should I mention that western media claim ALL Palestinian casualties are civilian?
Very weird that such an effective war machine as the IDF could kill only civilians and not one single enemy combatant.

Syt

Quote from: Siege on August 09, 2014, 11:44:32 PM
Quote from: Syt on August 03, 2014, 04:55:08 AM
What gets me is people whining about the civilian dead who fail to see that while yes, it's regrettable, it's for a large part caused by Hamas hiding behind said civilians and daring IDF to shoot at them.

Not to mention that civilian casualties are, for the IDF, not their main goal, but rather a sad and unfortunate result of the battleground in Gaza. For Hamas, however, attacking and killing civilians is standard operation procedure.

I think the only way to have lasting peace in Gaza at this point is to take all Palestinian inhabitants and move them to the West Bank.

Fuck, my bro. I agree 100%.
I am so happy that you, of all people, understand what's going on.
Believe me, I hold no grudge against your people.
The Torah prohibits me from holding the sins of the parents over their children.
People are responsible for their own acts, they don't magically fall over their descendants.

Of course, the same applies for the Pals.
They could break the cycle any time they wanted.

By the way, Gazans have more in common culturally with Egypt than with the West Bank arabs.
:hug:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on August 02, 2014, 07:26:43 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on August 02, 2014, 12:07:18 PM
lots of americans have a one sided view, too

Oh for Godsake.  What do you Euros want from us?

Hamas in charge in Gaza is destroying the whole thing.  The left in Israel is totally discredited.  The right is in power now and the settlers are going to win.  The powers calling for annexations are gaining strength.  And why?  Hamas is in charge in Gaza.  They are provoking the Israelis and discrediting any movement to get the Israelis to pull out of anywhere else.  It is done, it is over and we are headed to a very dark place.  This has been true from the minute that Hamas took over in Gaza.  They want a war with Israel and delight with every civilian the Israelis kill, because that is what they want.  And so many Euros are their willing stooges, willing to celebrate the death cult and Jihadist ideology.  It is amazing I see Euros who are feminists supporting people who regard any idea that the role of women is to do anything but make more Jihadist a Zionist and Western plot.  The double think and blindness is amazing.

But I guess in the end the religious nuts are going to control Israel and we are going to get some bloody and horrible ethnic conflict. Well I guess we are seeing that but we still have a few moderate rightwing nuts holding the Isrealis back a bit.

Gaza is the key.  The moment Palestine's supposed friends did not support them once Israel pulled out and let Hamas set this situation up is when I realized Palestine really has no friends.  I personally have a deep feeling of national shame about this, we had been pressuring Israel to pull out and end their occupations forever and they did it and we blew it.  Big time.

It just boggles me mind we continue to give money and support to either side in this conflict.  There is no way it is going to go our way now....unless something changes in Gaza.  Gaza is the key.  But it just might be too far gone now.

Israel shows remarkably restraint.  I don't think the US would do the same in that position.  If our country was under constant siege, and existential threat loomed in the horizon I shudder what the US would do.  The last time the US faced (or believed it faced) an existential threat was in 1941.  The US ended up nuking two cities by the end of it, torching many more and killing God knows how many soldiers and civilians.  If assholes were constantly killing our civilians (or trying to do so), I'm not confident we wouldn't commit genocide.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017