Main Menu

Hail Patriarchy!

Started by Savonarola, July 24, 2014, 12:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 24, 2014, 04:42:52 PM
:mad:

No dissing of Octonauts, best prog on TV atm

That wasn't a diss.  That show is just strange to the point I do not understand it at all.  Weird...animal and vegetable people save underwater wildlife?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2014, 01:34:01 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 24, 2014, 01:30:21 PM
So if you had a daughter you'd be a brony? :P

I would probably be as knowledgeable about My Little Pony as any Brony that is for sure.  Lettow and I could discuss the characters in depth.

pinkie pie is best pony.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Legbiter

The author. Who would have guessed?
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2014, 04:57:08 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 24, 2014, 04:56:25 PM
pinkie pie is best pony.

See?  This is what happens!

I made the mistake of watching TV with the kids.

DON'T REPEAT MY MISTAKE
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

QuoteThe author. Who would have guessed?

Look forward to her scathing attacks on the racism and classism in Dinosaur Train.

'Why are there no pink Sauropods?  And why they shown to be bigger than the Ornithomimi?  We are teaching our children this racist fascism?  And why is Anna Tyrannosaurus described as a 'tyrant lizard'?  What does that even mean?'

Valmy

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 24, 2014, 05:00:23 PM
I made the mistake of watching TV with the kids.

DON'T REPEAT MY MISTAKE

Too late man.  It is too late for me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Legbiter on July 24, 2014, 04:58:32 PM

Her kid is going to get the shit kicked out of him in school. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2014, 12:55:14 PM
Why was she so thankful her son never loved trains anyway?  Trains are awesome.  Yes David loved Thomas but he also loved dinosaurs.  PBS, in all of its genius, made a show about dinosaurs who ride around on a train creatively titled 'Dinosaur Train'.  Needless to say both of my sons are addicted to this glorious amalgamation of everything they hold dear.

I was listening to the album "Trans-Europa Express" last night; and I thought that if "Dinosaur Train" was my show I'd have Kraftwerk do the music.

Trans-pangea-express
Trans-pangea-express

Oh, and the dinosaurs would have a rigid class structure and female dinosaurs would be second class citizens; but they would all be ruled by Queen Victoria.  Hail Patriarchy!
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josquius

Quote"What are you doing James? You're a big pink steamie," says Diesel, the bad-boy engine. (For the record, all the "villains" on Thomas and Friends are the dirty diesel engines. I'd like to think there was a good environmental message in there, but when the good engines pump out white smoke and the bad engines pump out black smoke – and they are all pumping out smoke – it's not hard to make the leap into the race territory.)

The idea that the age old dichotomy if black=evil and white= good is routes in racism always annoys me when I see it crop up, it's just utterly untrue. It long predates racism or indeed white people having much to do with black people at all.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on July 24, 2014, 05:23:03 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on July 24, 2014, 04:58:32 PM

Her kid is going to get the shit kicked out of him in school. :(

Cal would Polynesian musclefuck that valley like a rotary snowplow through the Swiss Alps.