News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

HIPSTERS!

Started by Eddie Teach, July 24, 2014, 08:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you a hipster?

"Hipsters" are phonies/too mainstream/etc (Yes)
1 (2.3%)
Yes
2 (4.5%)
Yes, but I'll never admit it
1 (2.3%)
No, but people say I am
4 (9.1%)
No
24 (54.5%)
"HIPSTERS!" /screams like the guy in Revenge of the Nerds
7 (15.9%)
Jaron's a hipster
4 (9.1%)
Something else because none of these fit except option 3
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

FunkMonk

Quote from: Valmy on July 25, 2014, 01:17:16 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on July 25, 2014, 01:14:01 PM
- fuck no I hate white peeple

This is because of Mack Brown isn't it?

55 - 17 :bleeding:
63 - 21 :bleeding:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

derspiess

Okay, I'll play.  I know I'm not but I like these things:

primarily consisting of white millennials - White Gen Xer, so no.

living in urban areas - No, but I work in and spend a lot of my leisure time in an urban area.

mutating, trans-Atlantic melting pot of styles, tastes and behavior - I guess so.

is broadly associated with indie and alternative music - I'm stuck in 90s Alternative and I'm still clueless as to what "indie" is supposed to mean, so I guess this one is a no.

a varied non-mainstream fashion sensibility (including vintage and thrift store-bought clothes) - No.  I'm too old to dress like a clown.

generally third party independent political views - Not really, no.

organic and artisanal foods - Artisanal, yes.  Organic, I don't avoid it but not particularly.

and alternative lifestyles - Nope.  I'm Ward Cleaver as far as that goes.

typically described as affluent or middle class - Middle class, but that's a very broad category.

young Bohemians - No, but I'm comfortable enough in that type of atmosphere.

who reside in gentrifying neighborhoods - No, but I spend a lot of time in one.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on July 25, 2014, 01:16:03 PM
Man what is up with all the tee totaling in Connecticut?  I mean Utah I get but Connecticut? 

Because you aren't drinking if you aren't drinking beer?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

primarily consisting of white millennials - Millennial, yes. Half-white.

living in urban areas - Yes

mutating, trans-Atlantic melting pot of styles, tastes and behavior - Yes

is broadly associated with indie and alternative music - no

a varied non-mainstream fashion sensibility (including vintage and thrift store-bought clothes) - No.

generally third party independent political views - No.

organic and artisanal foods - No. Keep it coming with the pesticides and GMOs.

and alternative lifestyles - It isn't a lifestyle, it's my sexual orientation. :angry:

typically described as affluent or middle class - Yes

young Bohemians - No.

who reside in gentrifying neighborhoods - No, my neighborhood is solidly gentrified.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

So lots of crazy canucks in New York metro? Makes sense.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

frunk

Man what is up with all the tee totaling in Connecticut?  I mean Utah I get but Connecticut?

Probably drinking alternatives to beer.

Valmy

Quote from: frunk on July 25, 2014, 02:30:28 PM

Probably drinking alternatives to beer.

Ok I asked for an explanation.  If it is true that they just love to drink whisky, wine, hard cider, and vodka in Connecticut and forgo beer at a rate that is the highest in the entire country for some bizarre reason that would be interesting.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Wine consumption-

So New Hampshire residents just like drinking in general.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

We're getting dangerously close to a soda map.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Man New Hampshire boozes it up like nobody else.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

[spock]It would explain a great many things.[/spock]

derspiess

While I was trying to find a Bourbon consumption map I ran across a map that shows each state's law re: underage drinking. 

I sort of knew that in Ohio & a few other states it was legal for a parent to give alcohol to a minor as long as the parent continued to supervise.  What I didn't know was that it is legal here for establishments to serve alcohol to a minor as long as said minor is accompanied by and supervised by a parent.

I'm guessing the number of establishments that are aware of this law and are brave enough to take advantage of it is close to zero.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 25, 2014, 03:50:40 PM
I sort of knew that in Ohio & a few other states it was legal for a parent to give alcohol to a minor as long as the parent continued to supervise.

Those Garanimals don't come off by themselves.

derspiess

THATS REAL RETARDED SIR

dps

primarily consisting of white millennials:  White?  Yeah.  Millennial?  Not hardly.

living in urban areas:  Technically, yes, but certainly not in a major city.

mutating, trans-Atlantic melting pot of styles, tastes and behavior:  No idea what this even means, so probably not.

is broadly associated with indie and alternative music:  Not to a great extent--I'm more oriented to classic rock, hard rock, punk, and early heavy metal.

a varied non-mainstream fashion sensibility (including vintage and thrift store-bought clothes):  I don't think I even have any fashion sensibility at all.

generally third party independent political views:  No.

organic and artisanal foods:  No.

and alternative lifestyles:  No.

typically described as affluent or middle class:  Definately not affluent;  might be considered lower-middle class, but even that's probably a stretch.

young Bohemians:  Bohemian?  Possibly to a minor extent.  Young?  Nah, not any more.

who reside in gentrifying neighborhoods:  No.