Classy! McDonald's will arrange wedding parties

Started by Archy, July 21, 2014, 02:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Savonarola on July 22, 2014, 12:41:19 PM
I met an American anthropology graduate student when I was in Fez.  She said that there McDonald's is considered a high end restaurant.  McDonald's is (by the standards of Morocco) expensive, western, air-conditioned and has such exotic treats as ice cream.  She said her undergraduate students had a great deal of difficulty grasping this.
The KFCs in Asia I've been to have been proper sit down restaurants.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Capetan Mihali

Um, so, the elephant in the room, people?  Will McD's do parties for same-sex weddings?
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Monoriu

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on July 22, 2014, 10:57:45 PM
Um, so, the elephant in the room, people?  Will McD's do parties for same-sex weddings?

It isn't a big issue in HK. 

Norgy

The McHomo. Two burgers. No bun.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Norgy on July 23, 2014, 06:12:32 AM

The McHomo. Two burgers. No bun.

With lots of special sauce.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

What's the likelihood of gays wanting to get married in mcdonalds?
Unless McDonald's make a point of saying they can't of course .

(Though one gay guy I know is fairly obsessed with mcds..... No way he would go this far though)
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

You know BK would if they did weddings.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Who knew fast food would be the great battle ground of the culture wars?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

McWhore Pills.  Supersize me!

"Do do do di do, I'm abortin' it!"

Norgy

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 23, 2014, 10:16:40 AM
Who knew fast food would be the great battle ground of the culture wars?

Somewhere there's an anti-Meri who has Burger King and 30 other LGBT-friendly business on her personal boycott list.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Funny how the McRib and the McFetus taste the same.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 23, 2014, 12:19:40 PM
Funny how the McRib and the McFetus taste the same.

Dare I ask how you know the taste of fetus?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".