BREAKING NEWS - Malaysian airliner crashes on Russian-Ukrainian border

Started by Tamas, July 17, 2014, 10:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 17, 2014, 02:26:59 PM
RT is claiming that Putin's presidential plane may have been the target  :rolleyes:.

link

Let me guess - the rocket bounced off Putin's mighty testicles, and the ricochet took out a Malaysian plane.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on July 17, 2014, 02:31:05 PM
Let me guess - the rocket bounced off Tsar Putin's mighty testicles, and the ricochet took out a Malaysian plane.
Corrected. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on July 17, 2014, 02:32:32 PM
Quote from: Malthus on July 17, 2014, 02:31:05 PM
Let me guess - the rocket bounced off Tsar Putin's mighty testicles, and the ricochet took out a Malaysian plane.
Corrected. :)

Correction sustained.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

I'm concerned that this incident will make it harder for the Tsar to regain his lost Ukrainian province, though. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

The bevy of accurate information from anything ending in .ru or .ua is going to be hilarious.

Somebody is reporting 23 US citizens were on board.

miozozny

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 17, 2014, 02:48:39 PM
The bevy of accurate information from anything ending in .ru or .ua is going to be hilarious.

Mostly Dutch people apparantly. 154 at least.

derspiess

Russian radio reported that the black box is on its way to Moscow for analysis.  So we'll get to the bottom of this, don't worry.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Liep

Quote from: miozozny on July 17, 2014, 04:00:11 PM

BREAKING: 154 Dutch, 27 Australian, 23 Malaysian,  11 Indonesian, 6 UK, 4 German, 4 Belgium, 1 Canadian among death of #MH17

At least.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Putin claims that it's Ukraine's fault simply because it was over Ukrainian airspace. Nice logic.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Quote from: miozozny on July 17, 2014, 04:00:11 PM

Kinda went without saying, what with departing Amsterdam and it's summer vacation time.

derspiess

Quote from: Liep on July 17, 2014, 04:09:02 PM
Putin claims that it's Ukraine's fault simply because it was over Ukrainian airspace. Nice logic.

Well, Ukraine did fail to shoot down the missile and protect the aircraft.  He's got a point there.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on July 17, 2014, 04:03:41 PM

Russian radio reported that the black box is on its way to Moscow for analysis.  So we'll get to the bottom of this, don't worry.

The black box will have signed a confession by the end of the week.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on July 17, 2014, 04:07:48 PM

BREAKING: 154 Dutch, 27 Australian, 23 Malaysian,  11 Indonesian, 6 UK, 4 German, 4 Belgium, 1 Canadian among death of #MH17

At least.

:(

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 17, 2014, 04:25:41 PM

Well, Ukraine did fail to shoot down the missile and protect the aircraft.  He's got a point there.

Your boy Johnny Hero's already bitching about Obama not doing the right thing in failing to arm the Ukrainians.  Send 'em Patriot missile batteries, not sanctions, dammit!

OBAMA LIED DUTCHMEN DIED

Legbiter

Heh, he's basically admitting that it was the rebels playing around with a BUK they got from Papa Putin who shot the plane down.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.