News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

American Marxists Need Your Help

Started by Jacob, July 16, 2014, 12:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

This may if interest to some languishites:

QuoteThe Rust Belt School is a Marxist institution centered around research and education located in Yellow Springs, Ohio. We provide online and real-world collaborative forums and space for workers, organizers, artists, and intellectuals. We have a growing library of books, out of print pamphlets, and other media that include rare and unique items.  Students and researchers are invited to visit our space and review and discuss these materials firsthand. With funding for a cataloguing system, we hope to circulate much of our collection as a lending library. The Rust Belt School serves as a gathering place for speaking events, reading groups, and public forums, and monthly screenings of documentaries. We are publishing a quarterly journal featuring political and economic theory as well as re-publishing collections of relevant texts with Erythros Press and Media, LLC.

Currently we prepare and post transcriptions of rare and out-of-print documents for Marxists Internet Archive (http://www.marxists.org). In the very near future, we will expand our web presence well beyond our current Facebook page by creating a dedicated website and blog. We will also post videos of lectures and other events via YouTube and share news and promote events via social media outlets.

Indiegogo campaign here: http://igg.me/at/rustbeltschool/x

Note that all the donation tiers are "comrade."

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Monoriu

I thought it was American Mexicans need your help. 

Eddie Teach

Jaron can't pick the apples fast enough.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

I just assumed that was what you needed help with.  :alberta:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Quote from: Jacob on July 16, 2014, 12:20:27 AM
This may if interest to some languishites:

yes, but some comrades are more equal than other comrades.

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Jacob on July 16, 2014, 12:20:27 AM

Exploiting rampant capitalism and market tactics to set up a Marxist library?  Gotta love that irony. :lol:
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 16, 2014, 08:03:46 AM
Exploiting rampant capitalism and market tactics to set up a Marxist library?  Gotta love that irony. :lol:

Marxist literature is a fundamental necessity in studying modern political science and economics theory.  It deserves to be saved.  ACT NOW OPERATORS ARE STANDING BY

derspiess

That's practically in Ed's back yard. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 16, 2014, 08:03:46 AM

Maybe they think the capitalists will sell them the rope with which they will hang them.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive