News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Shootout at the Holocaust Museum in DC

Started by jimmy olsen, June 10, 2009, 02:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 14, 2009, 12:29:23 PM
Looks like von Brunn will probably survive to stand trial.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31354696/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Incorrect.

QuoteHolocaust Museum Shooter Dies in Prison Hospital
Wednesday, January 06, 2010 

The 89-year-old man charged with a deadly shooting at Washington's Holocaust museum died Wednesday in a prison hospital, authorities said.

At Butner federal prison in North Carolina, spokeswoman Denise Simmons announced that James von Brunn died shortly before 1 p.m. Wednesday.

Simmons said the suspect had "a long history of poor health which included chronic congestive heart failure and sepsis." She said he was pronounced dead at a local hospital.

Von Brunn's lawyer, A.J. Kramer, called the death "a sad end to a tragic situation," but declined further comment.

The elderly suspect had been awaiting trial for the killing of security guard Stephen T. Johns at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum on June 10. Von Brunn had been wounded by return fire.

Officials at the prison hospital had previously said chronic medical problems had complicated a psychiatric evaluation for the suspect, a white supremacist who prior to the shooting had written racist and anti-Semitic screeds on the Internet.

One of the two guards who fired back at von Brunn said he had mixed feelings about his death.

"I'm shocked. I'm glad he's gone. I wish he had his day in court but it'll never come," said Harry Weeks of White Plains, Md.

Weeks returned to work in August and said he thinks often about his slain colleague.

"He was a good man. There's not a day that goes by that I don't miss him," he said of Johns. "It's been very hard, there's not a day that I don't think about him when I'm on post."
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Siege

Quote from: PDH on June 12, 2009, 11:21:49 PM
Vanessa Redgrave has been insane longer than Hans has been.

Jews killed her daughter in Canada.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

I found out the guy lived in Jefferson City for a while.  Was a painter or something.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Drakken

Quote from: Siege on January 06, 2010, 05:27:50 PM
Quote from: PDH on June 12, 2009, 11:21:49 PM
Vanessa Redgrave has been insane longer than Hans has been.

Jews killed her daughter in Canada.

Ironic, since her son-in-law pretended to save a thousand of them or so with only some paperwork and a Porsche.

Might have been dreaming, though. I was seeing it in black and white.