And we're back!

Main Menu

Women are not romantic

Started by MadImmortalMan, July 07, 2014, 07:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

:lol:

Okay, title is a troll.

But anyway, guys tend to be more susceptible to wild-eyed romanticism than girls. They have a hard-core pragmatism that we don't have. That's why you see dudes becoming all crazy with communism or libertarianism but girls don't. My mom only cares about her grandkids. I guess it's a good way to not get killed. God knows I've been close to death because I was an idealistic dumbass.

A year ago I spent several weeks learning to play a song on my guitar. Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits. It was for our fifteenth anniversary. She ended up going to visit her sister in Phoenix that week and I spent the anniversary alone. Someday I will play that song.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

I am pretty romantic. I think idealistic might be my middle name.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

merithyn

I'm a ridiculous romantic. :blush: :wub:

And a guy singing just to me? Oh hell yeah... :perv:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

HVC

The theory of romance is much better than the practicality. If you tired to recreate half the stuff in romantic comedies you'd be seeing a judge re a restraining order, and rightfully so.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Caliga

I sing "Babe" by Styx to Princesca sometimes.  For some odd reason she likes that. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

My romantic idealism died in 1993.  Took the sawed-off barrel center mass at close range and never saw it coming.  Wasn't instant, wasn't quick and certainly wasn't painless, lingering on in a persistent vegetative state until it finally and mercifully faded away.
The assailant still walks the streets free.  No guilt, no remorse, accountable for nothing.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ideologue

There is no place for romance and idealism in the war of all against all.  They are weaknesses to be exploited.  Women may realize this earlier and oftener than men.  Perhaps this explains why homosexual couples have more cohesion, as measured in millicunninghams.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

We don't have the time for psychological romance.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

I still want your drama and I want your revenge.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

crazy canuck

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 07, 2014, 07:52:28 PM
But anyway, guys tend to be more susceptible to wild-eyed romanticism than girls. They have a hard-core pragmatism that we don't have. That's why you see dudes becoming all crazy with communism or libertarianism but girls don't. My mom only cares about her grandkids. I guess it's a good way to not get killed. God knows I've been close to death because I was an idealistic dumbass.

A year ago I spent several weeks learning to play a song on my guitar. Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits. It was for our fifteenth anniversary. She ended up going to visit her sister in Phoenix that week and I spent the anniversary alone. Someday I will play that song.

You might be an outlier.

FunkMonk

If you told me you were drowning, I would not lend a hand
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

And if you should die, I may feel slightly sad but I won't cry.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.