Happy 4th of July, you Yankee traitors to the Crown!

Started by Syt, July 04, 2014, 12:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Syt on July 04, 2014, 02:06:00 AM
Come to think of it, I can't think of a patriotic German pop song. At least not a non-ironic one.

Lili Marleen?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

celedhring

Sandy is one of my favorite Springsteen songs, pleased to see it getting airplay on his turf.

Grey Fox

Yay and I even have a day off.

Not really, my kids are sick.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on July 04, 2014, 12:27:41 AM
God Bless the USA's a great song.

The fuck it is, any you want to know why?  Because when they started playing it before the National Anthem at NFL games back in the late '80s it was the commercial endorsement, the very seedpod of Teabaggery bullshit.

It's fucking redneck noise, full of hatred. 

I'm proud to be an American
where at least I know I'm white
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me
Like Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson and other Lost Cause Mythology while using code words for racism
And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today
With my Bushmaster AR15 swapped out with a 5.56 barrel and a modified lower receiver for full auto
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
as long as spic children from Central American humanitarian crises aren't allowed in to take our jobs and eat our food and shit, and what's with all these fucking Pakistanis at the Dunkin' Donuts anyway

Fuck Lee Greenwood.

QuoteAs ironic as America Fuck Yeah might be, Born in the U.S.A. is explicitly about America's complete failure from 1972-present. :lol:

America Fuck Yeah is just explicitly about America's complete failure from 9/11 on  :lol:

Los Federales are closed today, but I don't see it as a holiday as much as I'm losing 8 hours of pay.   Therefore I'm going to play a lot of Springsteen, because it used to be spending that much money was worth a blowjob, but not anymore, not with the costs of blowjobs rising beyond today's stagnated wages.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 04, 2014, 03:24:33 AM
It's a reasonably catchy little ditty. Video is nothing special.

What P Wig said. I'm sad that because of it, I like a Miley Cyrus song. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ed Anger

I thought about cooking on the grill today, but fuck it. I'm feeling lazy. The womenfolk can do all the work.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

You threw. Our tea. In the harbour. And then you changed the spelling of harbour.
We do not forget.
Watch your back Canada beta. Watch your back!
██████
██████
██████

Jaron

Mormon Tabernacle Choir :wub:

Tonight I am going to see Miss Carrie Underwood :wub:

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Norgy

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on July 04, 2014, 02:06:00 AM
Come to think of it, I can't think of a patriotic German pop song. At least not a non-ironic one.

I guess the Horst Wessel Song is none too popular these days ...  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Brazen on July 04, 2014, 04:42:55 AM
Congratulations on throwing off the shackles of British oppression.

It was the principle of the thing.  We considered ourselves British and so should enjoy all the rights of other freeborn Britons, screw that 'virtual representation' noise.

Anyway I learned something new about the Revolution this year, the Howe brothers were Whigs and sympathetic to the Colonial cause with sure explained why they were so wimpy in prosecuting the war.  Like George B McClellan they just couldn't burn down the rebel cities and butcher the rebel soldiers.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

I hate God Bless the USA.  Glad Texas has better taste than that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."