News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Granny Tazed

Started by HVC, June 10, 2009, 11:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

After watching the video my sister laughed and said "she totally had it coming".
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Iormlund

Old people shouldn't be allowed to drive.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: Jaron on June 10, 2009, 06:10:49 PM
It is rather frightening that some people, somewhere in Europe actually pay for his services. :P
Actually many of my clients are US-based.

Barrister

What confuses me is why she was required to sign the ticket.  Here at least you don't have to sign, are just served it.  For certain things though (generally arrestable offences) if you don't sign you don't get released from custody.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on June 10, 2009, 06:52:29 PM
What confuses me is why she was required to sign the ticket.  Here at least you don't have to sign, are just served it.  For certain things though (generally arrestable offences) if you don't sign you don't get released from custody.

Our strange ways confuse and frighten you.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

What confuses me is why she was required to sign the ticket.  Here at least you don't have to sign, are just served it.

Here we sign.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

My hunch is you have to sign to avoid the "but I never got the ticket your honor" situations.

DontSayBanana

:huh: NJ is also no-sign. I think this might be a jurisdiction to jurisdiction thing, since they all print different tickets.
Experience bij!

sbr

Sounds like it was handled as well as possible, given the situation.  I would much rather have the cop tase her than have to read an article about a cop beat-up an old lady, maybe breaking her hip.

If you are going to be an asshat when dealing with a cop expect to get tased or hit, whether you are right or wrong.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on June 10, 2009, 05:45:17 PM
Not sure how this is relevant. I find the police response fucked up. Only because it was sanctioned by your laws, it does not make it right.  :huh:
That's because, as a homosexual, you have no stake whatsoever in an orderly society, built on laws.  You have no real interest in building a lasting edifice.  You're just here to go.

Hopefully, AIDS will make you go sooner rather than later.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DGuller

Quote from: DontSayBanana on June 10, 2009, 07:09:34 PM
:huh: NJ is also no-sign. I think this might be a jurisdiction to jurisdiction thing, since they all print different tickets.
I live right next to a speed trap, so I frequently see the lights flashing and the car being pulled over.  I've only observed one time someone being ticketed, and in that case the driver just took her ticket and drove off.  I guess it's a NJ thing.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: grumbler on June 10, 2009, 06:13:11 PM
Not if they are services as, say, a plumber or a chef.  Marti could be excellent at any number of things that don't require logical thought and reasoning.
Maybe he relies on something like the Chewbacca Defense Johnny Cochrane used in South Park?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

grumbler

By signing the ticket, as Yi notes, the driver is acknowledging receipt of it.  Gets rid of "I didn't know about it."  I cannot think of a good reason why a jurisdiction would not want the receiver of the ticket to sign.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

lustindarkness

Sucks that he had to taze her, but she asked for it, in both action and words.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom