Gordon Ramsay's Mouth; Reporters Surprised by Chef's Foul Mouth

Started by DontSayBanana, June 10, 2009, 06:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Well, one thing that gets on my nerves about Ramsay is he and his shows have nothing to do with "creating" good chefs. The overwhelming majority of his contestants have been high-ranking or owning chefs in their own restaurants before even trying out for the shows. Michael Wray was the most professional because he was already an executive chef, for example.

As for entertaining, it's a grab bag. Using that same first season example, I loved watching the pace of them getting the food moving in the restaurant, but I hated the weaselly little Italian guy who thought he owned his team just because he had come in with the highest job title.

The food seems good, I like that there's more showing of the actual preparation than your average cooking show that just focuses on a dish or two, but I hate that they felt they needed to wrap it up in "thrills" and "reality TV" cliches.
Experience bij!

Grey Fox

What I like is that each season & each show is entirely predictable...you can even spot the guy that'll be "sick" thru the season.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.