Smartphones will include 'Star Wars' 3D holograms within two years

Started by Syt, June 12, 2014, 08:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Darth Wagtaros

BY 1990 most people will live in domed cities, to be protected by the vagaries of weather. They will commute in great high speed trains, and the microwave will make cooking an obsolete art.
PDH!

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 16, 2014, 06:20:32 PM
BY 1990 most people will live in domed cities, to be protected by the vagaries of weather. They will commute in great high speed trains, and the microwave will make cooking an obsolete art.

So, 1 out of 3?

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

celedhring

I commute in slow speed trains, so I'm willing to give 0.5 points for that one too. 1.5/3 is 50% success.

Josquius

Video calls have been possible for years and they're hardly used.
Why would people use this? :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 13, 2014, 12:21:16 AM
Quote from: Siege on June 12, 2014, 10:35:00 PM
The Technological Singularity is near.

:showoff:

I have never understood why this would be desirable.  I still treat cell phones as if they were witchcraft.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I did once own a cell phone, but since I don't have many friends nobody would call.  Since I rarely leave the house, I don't need it to call anyone else.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on June 17, 2014, 12:33:16 PM
I did once own a cell phone, but since I don't have many friends nobody would call.  Since I rarely leave the house, I don't need it to call anyone else.

Maybe if you start calling people they will become your friends?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: The Brain on June 17, 2014, 12:34:18 PM

That has not happened ever.  All I ever get is threatened with restraining orders.

lustindarkness

It better have a big projector for those "personal" videos I'll be sending.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on June 17, 2014, 12:34:18 PM

Why don't you give him your number?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.