News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Wildstar

Started by Arvoreen, June 11, 2014, 09:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

I typically play computer games for about an hour per night.  I'm not worried about hitting max level in any MMO anymore. :lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

sbr

The only reason I am worried about it is I want to run end game content with my friends.

Barrister

Played around for 10-15 minutes or so.  Didn't really grab me, but that's hardly a fair trial.

First game I've noticed since I got this computer 8 years ago I had to turn setting down quite a bit to get a respectable frame rate.  I guess it might be time for a new computer...

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2014, 02:41:15 PM
Played around for 10-15 minutes or so.  Didn't really grab me, but that's hardly a fair trial.

First game I've noticed since I got this computer 8 years ago I had to turn setting down quite a bit to get a respectable frame rate.  I guess it might be time for a new computer...

Did you even make it down to the planet?

Barrister

Not yet - I've made 3-4 toons and not gotten past level 2 or 3.  PArtly because it hasn't grabbed me, partly because I haven't settled on which class I want to play so I keep trying more of them.

It seems like there's a lot less hand-holding then I'd typically see in modern MMOs - no big swirly starts pointing out exactly where I need to go (although there is a button that does literally give you a giant arrow for where to go next).

I do like the sylized/cartoony graphics though.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on July 02, 2014, 03:26:41 PM
Not yet - I've made 3-4 toons and not gotten past level 2 or 3.  PArtly because it hasn't grabbed me, partly because I haven't settled on which class I want to play so I keep trying more of them.

It seems like there's a lot less hand-holding then I'd typically see in modern MMOs - no big swirly starts pointing out exactly where I need to go (although there is a button that does literally give you a giant arrow for where to go next).

Its not going to grab you either.  You dont get to use any but the most basis skills in the intro - and even then for most of the time you are not using any.  You need to play through at least the first zone on the planet to have even a basic idea of what each class does.  Think of the first zone on the planet as the beginning zone in WoW.  Think of the intro zone as the first few quests you did in the beginning WoW zone.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 02, 2014, 04:17:26 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 02, 2014, 03:26:41 PM

Its not going to grab you either.  You dont get to use any but the most basis skills in the intro - and even then for most of the time you are not using any.  You need to play through at least the first zone on the planet to have even a basic idea of what each class does.  Think of the first zone on the planet as the beginning zone in WoW.  Think of the intro zone as the first few quests you did in the beginning WoW zone.

Oh I know that.  It isn't meant as a criticism.

Though usually the opening zones in MMOs do grab me right away - it's only when you learn the rest of the game isn't like those first few levels that I lose interest.

Kleves

Do any of you guys happen to have any guest passes left?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Barrister

I *think* the guest passes were from pre-orders, which I did not do.

Barrister

Fourth time was the charm - really got into the game, wanted to do "one more quest".  I think it was a matter of not knowing the UI at first.

Got onto the planet, but not very far yet.  Still reserving judgment.

Arvoreen

I'm playing some thanks to a guest pass.... (thank you crazy canuck  :))

I've made it down to the surface and completed the first couple of episodes....I have to say, I'm starting to find it somewhat addictive.  I can't put my finger on exactly what...but I'm having lots of fun.  I'm looking forward to hitting level 10 and checking out crafting.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Arvoreen on July 07, 2014, 10:47:52 AM
I'm playing some thanks to a guest pass.... (thank you crazy canuck  :))

I've made it down to the surface and completed the first couple of episodes....I have to say, I'm starting to find it somewhat addictive.  I can't put my finger on exactly what...but I'm having lots of fun.  I'm looking forward to hitting level 10 and checking out crafting.

Yeah, I stopped playing it because I could easily lose a few hours.  I will come back to it when the weather turns shitty and there are less things to do.