The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 10, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 02, 2015, 11:33:43 AM
If you always do what the people want, you end up as Greece.

Only if your people are Greeks.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 02, 2015, 11:31:31 AM
Sometimes you gotta lead.  It's one thing to care about opinion polls, but Clinton often seemed to govern by them.

Eh I thought this was just an excuse to still attack Clinton even when Conservatives liked his polices. 'Sure he reformed welfare and signed those free trade deals but OMG THE LACK OF LEADERSHIP'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Queequeg

Quote from: Valmy on June 02, 2015, 11:35:52 AM

Only if your people are Greeks.
IDK what that's supposed to mean.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on June 02, 2015, 11:36:55 AM
Quote from: derspiess on June 02, 2015, 11:31:31 AM
Sometimes you gotta lead.  It's one thing to care about opinion polls, but Clinton often seemed to govern by them.

Eh I thought this was just an excuse to still attack Clinton even when Conservatives liked his polices. 'Sure he reformed welfare and signed those free trade deals but OMG THE LACK OF LEADERSHIP'

I gave credit where he was due on both those issues.  I think it actually took a good deal of leadership to defy many in his own party.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Queequeg on June 02, 2015, 11:40:15 AM
IDK what that's supposed to mean.

Greeks are lovely people that is all I am saying.

crazy canuck

Or, in the case of the US, a horrible hybrid of private and mandated health care.

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 01, 2015, 06:25:39 PM
Given Obama's ludicrously bad management of the war I'd say we're already there. He clearly just wants to run out the clock and let his successor deal with it. Unless the Kurds are threatened he's content to got through the motions. And it's going to totally destroy his legacy when Syria is completely overrun by Jihadists within the next few months. Damscus and Homs are going to fall to ISIS, while Aleppo could fall to them or al-Nusra. The middle east is likely to dissolve into regional sectarian war before he leaves office.

Doubtful.  Obama has made the US the world's most respected nation on earth, so he'll always have that for his legacy.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 02, 2015, 11:45:42 AM
I gave credit where he was due on both those issues.  I think it actually took a good deal of leadership to defy many in his own party.

Well I wish I had had you around to back me up back then because I was literally screamed at multiple times for even hinting that maybe Bill Clinton was not the worst human being in world history.

Admiral Yi

Bill Clinton was the one of the best Republican presidents ever.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on June 02, 2015, 01:23:26 PM
Well I wish I had had you around to back me up back then because I was literally screamed at multiple times for even hinting that maybe Bill Clinton was not the worst human being in world history.

He was a dirtbag in a lot of ways.  But just like with Obama these days, I welcomed any common ground that happened to appear between us. 

Caliga

Bill had good taste in women.  Well, later in life that is. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Jesus.

That Flowers chick is the only one coming in at less than 12 beers.

Eddie Teach

He was a liar and possibly a rapist, but at least he was politically moderate.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 02, 2015, 01:36:48 PM
Jesus.

That Flowers chick is the only one coming in at less than 12 beers.
:mad: Monica is underrated.  I mean, those tits :perv:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 02, 2015, 01:39:14 PM

He was a liar and possibly a rapist, but at least he was politically moderate.  :hmm:

'On ne peut point regner innocement' :P

One cannot reign innocently.

Now don't get me wrong I hated the man personally. I just found it interesting I could never even get them to concede a few of things he had done were not so bad.