The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 10, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

The Wolfman was flipping out about about the possibility of the Iraqi army running away and leaving the 400 US guys at al-Baghdadi to fend for themselves.  He also has a boner for the Khurds.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Siege on February 10, 2015, 05:07:37 PM
But not islamic terrorists.
He never uses both words in the same sentence.

Nor does he mentions the actual name of Mohammed, because as a muslim he can't without saying PBUH, which would out him as a muslim to everybody.

He also never says the word "America" because he can't without first saying "God damn"
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 12, 2015, 06:43:14 PM
The Wolfman was flipping out about about the possibility of the Iraqi army running away and leaving the 400 US guys at al-Baghdadi to fend for themselves.  He also has a boner for the Khurds.

I linked to a news report about that base a month ago in this thread, the Iraqis then were of the opinion that the US would never let the base fall because the US forces were there; half-implied that was the only reason the Iraqi forces were still hanging around.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 12, 2015, 07:12:06 PM
Quote from: Siege on February 10, 2015, 05:07:37 PM
But not islamic terrorists.
He never uses both words in the same sentence.

Nor does he mentions the actual name of Mohammed, because as a muslim he can't without saying PBUH, which would out him as a muslim to everybody.

He also never says the word "America" because he can't without first saying "God damn"

:)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

I hate to be all G.W. Bush about it. But let 'em come. They attack that base and they're gonna get the whippin of their lives (which will be short).
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on February 12, 2015, 07:39:12 PM

I linked to a news report about that base a month ago in this thread, the Iraqis then were of the opinion that the US would never let the base fall because the US forces were there; half-implied that was the only reason the Iraqi forces were still hanging around.
I hope the US has a good plan for defending this base, because obviously ISIS would make it a priority to attack Americans, or any western/Euro troops.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

I need to know your flight info;  departure and arrival times; gates and airlines.
Asking for a friend.

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 13, 2015, 01:39:53 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on February 12, 2015, 09:55:02 PM
RIP Sensitive-Living-Abroad-Tim. 2009-2015 :(

He's going back, isn't he?

He should be sent to Iraq, to show locals how redraw maps properly. I mean could possibly go wrong?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."