The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 10, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on October 02, 2014, 07:43:54 PM
We got Turks, Iranians, Syrians, and Western pigdogs all on the same team.  The Islamic State really brings everybody together.

It's like the alien at the end of Watchmen; nothing like a horrible enough common enemy.

Siege

Fuck tanks.
I carry my weapon.
My weapon does not carry me.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

As Yom Kippur approaches, I pray for another chance to charge through their ambush line and roll them out, crash their party, and spill their blood on the fertile crescent.
Fuckers don't deserve the air they breathe.
I know who they are, how they think, and what they dream about.
I am their worst nightmare, the beast that kills the Beast.
I am not a good guy by western standards, and I don't care.
I am the Sworn Enemy Of Islam,
The Sword in the Darkness.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

CountDeMoney

Go rejoin the IDF, war criminal.  You're an embarrassment to the U.S. Armed Forces, and you have no business being associated with the U.S. military, you fucking psychopathic assfuck.  Somebody should've dropped a dime on your ass with the IG ages ago, you ignorant fuck. 

KRonn

Quote from: Zanza on October 02, 2014, 02:56:12 PM
So Turkey openly considers ground troops to fight against IS. That could be a major change in the power balance in Syria and Iraq.

Someone is going to have to send ground troops, and IMO it should be troops from a nation in the region for the language and cultural effects, rather than a US or other western type intervention.

derspiess

Seedy is disappointed with the monster he created.

Or maybe just easily trolled :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

More bombing please,USAF, RAF, Arme de l'Air (French thingy, whatever it's called) etc.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Crazy_Ivan80

In then meantime Sweden has capitulated and intends to recognise Palestine as a state. As if that will save Malmö and assorted places from the islamic rabble

Valmy

Voler comme l'éclair et frapper comme la foudre!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on October 03, 2014, 02:00:00 PM
In then meantime Sweden has capitulated and intends to recognise Palestine as a state. As if that will save Malmö and assorted places from the islamic rabble

Unless they plan on guaranteeing Palestine's borders or something what difference does it make?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: KRonn on October 03, 2014, 10:22:25 AM
So Turkey openly considers ground troops to fight against IS. That could be a major change in the power balance in Syria and Iraq.

Someone is going to have to send ground troops, and IMO it should be troops from a nation in the region for the language and cultural effects, rather than a US or other western type intervention.

Problem is that Turkey has a much bigger national interest at the moment to get rid of Assad and to keep the Kurds down.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: KRonn on October 03, 2014, 10:22:25 AM

Except that Turkey does not speak the same language, and in fact has a history of being an imperial power in that area.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Better the locals get pissed at Turkish imperialism than US imperialism.

Besides, it's harder to get traction for a jihad against fellow Sunnis.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on October 03, 2014, 02:00:00 PM

How is this a capitulation?