The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 10, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on September 25, 2014, 05:12:03 AM
Quote from: Viking on September 25, 2014, 05:02:16 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 25, 2014, 03:48:28 AM
So, is the Muslim Middle East now starting to go through its equivalent of the Thirty Years War? :P

no we are waiting for a new final prophet to show up and destroy both their houses. I vote for a prophet in the line of Darwin, Ingersol Green, Dawkins and Hitchens.

Sending in the Prophet Oppenheimer and it's many Saints would be a more permanent solution to the problem one might assume

tempting....
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article2241695.html

QuoteIraqi PM: Plot to attack New York, Paris Subways

Iraq's prime minister says his country's intelligence operation has uncovered a plot for an imminent attack on subway systems in United States and Paris.

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said he was told of the plot by Baghdad on Thursday, and that it was the work of foreign fighters of the Islamic State group in Iraq. Asked if the attack was imminent, he said, "Yes."

Asked if the attacked had been thwarted, he said, "No." Al-Abadi said the United States had been alerted.

He made the remarks at a meeting with journalists on the sidelines of a gathering of world leaders at the United Nations General Assembly.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

http://news.yahoo.com/u-no-evidence-islamic-state-plot-against-subways-163005043.html

QuoteThe United States has no evidence to back up an Iraqi claim that Islamic State forces were plotting to attack U.S. subway systems, two senior U.S. government security officials told Reuters on Thursday.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

It does seem like the kind of thing someone would say to try to rustle up more support from the US.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2014, 10:42:11 AM
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article2241695.html

QuoteIraqi PM: Plot to attack New York, Paris Subways

Iraq's prime minister says his country's intelligence operation has uncovered a plot for an imminent attack on subway systems in United States and Paris.

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said he was told of the plot by Baghdad on Thursday, and that it was the work of foreign fighters of the Islamic State group in Iraq. Asked if the attack was imminent, he said, "Yes."

Asked if the attacked had been thwarted, he said, "No." Al-Abadi said the United States had been alerted.

He made the remarks at a meeting with journalists on the sidelines of a gathering of world leaders at the United Nations General Assembly.

So their intelligence services can pick this up out of the noise, but have singularly failed to predict, preempt or counter a single move by ISIL. :hmm:

The only explanation I can think of is most Iraqi intelligence agents live in New York or the green zone and hardly any risk their lives in the field
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

http://nypost.com/2014/09/25/iraq-uncovers-isis-plot-to-attack-subways-in-us-and-paris/

Quote"No one in the U.S. government is aware of such a plot, and it was not raised with us in our meetings with Iraq officials here in New York," said that official.

A White House National Security Council spokeswoman said the plot has not been confirmed yet, and they are reviewing information from their Iraqi partners.

Govs. Andrew Cuomo of New York and Chris Christie of New Jersey had said Wednesday there will be a surge of law enforcement, as well as the military, at major transit hubs due to heightened Middle East tensions

The MTA has increased its uniformed cops by 30 to 50 percent at high-volume stations, has boosted random bag checks, and is closely watching high-profile locations on security video.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Jacob on September 25, 2014, 02:11:44 PM
It does seem like the kind of thing someone would say to try to rustle up more support from the US.
Yes.

Though obviously there's going to be a risk. I've read a lot of reports about how worried states in North Africa (especially Tunisia and Morocco) are about returning jihadis.

Also I think there's a grim possibility we could be about to get a sort-of terrorism bidding war, of which the murder of a French citizen in Algeria by al-Qaeda linked group may be the start. I expect al-Qaeda, even more than usual, want to pull off something spectacular.
Let's bomb Russia!

Darth Wagtaros

Former Senator Scott Brown's campaign adds are saying that ISIS is poised to bring about the collapse of the US and only his reelection (in another state) can stop it.
PDH!

Ed Anger

I wonder if she has to ask for directions constantly too.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Apparently the son of the Saudi crown prince logged some flight time that night with the RSAF as well.

Valmy

Quote from: 11B4V on September 26, 2014, 08:32:42 PM
Big deal. Guys been doing that since WW1

Dropping bombs on the Islamic State?  Well they are resilient I will give them that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive