The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 10, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I just mention of this on p'dox from a few weeks ago.

http://www.valuewalk.com/2014/06/isis-5-year-territorial-expansion-plan-map/

QuoteISIS, the radical terrorist group that has seized massive portions of Iraq and also Syria, is apparently looking to expand its territory as far as the East coast of North Africa and all the way into South East Asia, with Malaysia and Indonesia in its sights (or perhaps dreams would be a more appropriate term). This is all according to a map that has been circulating Twitter. See Below:

QuoteAt the moment, the veracity of this map has not been confirmed. Still, it does appear to fit with statements made by ISIS members elsewhere. The map shows an Islamic empire stretching the Muslim world that spans across Africa, the Middle East, and South and South East Asia. Even a few countries were Muslims are not a majority, such as India, appear to be the target of ISIS ambitions.

#ISIS releases it's 5 year territorial expansion plan. I'm surprised they don't want to reclaim southern Spain #Iraq pic.twitter.com/EBEl0NDXIN

— Ayman Mohyeldin (@AymanM) June 22, 2014

What a fun troll.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

The Mad Dog of the Middle East had the same idea.  Didn't work then, either.

Valmy

Don't they know EU gets boring after you blob that much?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on July 09, 2014, 10:09:52 AM
Don't they know EU gets boring after you blob that much?

It is a bit surprising to see Vicky map being used for these purposes. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

Looks like they have big plans for Austria too.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

It's pretty nice of them to want to give Austria an Empire again though. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

A dirty bomb is more likely to kill people in the actual explosion than through radiation poisoning, and the blast damage would most likely be higher than long term radiation contamination.

Much more efficient to put these things into food or water supplies.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on July 10, 2014, 09:41:02 AM
A dirty bomb is more likely to kill people in the actual explosion than through radiation poisoning, and the blast damage would most likely be higher than long term radiation contamination.

Much more efficient to put these things into food or water supplies.
Hi, NSA.  :)

Syt

Their plant here will assure them that everything discussed here is harmless. Right, Siege?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Syt on July 10, 2014, 10:05:42 AM
Their plant here will assure them that everything discussed here is harmless. Right, Siege?
You mean Ide. The last one we'd suspect.
PDH!