The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 10, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Well they murdered the Japanese journalist; time for Japan to get medieval with ISIL?

I image something  like the 1930s Japanese Imperial Army would make very short work of these Islamists, but probably with unacceptable levels of collateral damage.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

dps

Quote from: mongers on January 31, 2015, 08:10:13 PM
Well they murdered the Japanese journalist; time for Japan to get medieval with ISIL?

I image something  like the 1930s Japanese Imperial Army would make very short work of these Islamists, but probably with unacceptable levels of collateral damage.

Unacceptable in whose terms?  That of the 1930s West, that of the current West, or that of the 1930s Japanese Imperial Army.  Well, forget that last one;  to them there was not such thing as collateral damage.  Come to think of it, that would fit in pretty well in the Middle East.

:)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on January 31, 2015, 08:10:13 PM

They'd need to change their constitution first.  And even then probably not.

Ed Anger

QuoteThe A-10 Warthog has performed 11 percent of US Air Force sorties against the Islamic State militant group, also known as ISIS.

:wub:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

OttoVonBismarck

So why is it with ISIS everyone seems to care so much about people they behead? From 2003-2010 or so during the heavy phase of our fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq a lot of Westerners were beheaded by the insurgent/terrorist groups in those two countries, and also caught on video shared on the Internet. Why the hype for ISIS? It feels like I have to read about some idiot getting his throat slit and his head hacked off every week as front page news, which frankly to me it isn't. People dying in war zones is expected.

citizen k

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 31, 2015, 08:18:49 PM
QuoteThe A-10 Warthog has performed 11 percent of US Air Force sorties against the Islamic State militant group, also known as ISIS.

:wub:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SE6VCn3pR8

CountDeMoney

Yeah, it's almost as everybody has forgotten the Americans and the Brits that A-Q In Iraq had decapitated on video after the Iraq war was declared MISSHUN ACKOMPLISHED.  Those videos were fucking barbaric.  This isn't the first time, folks.

Razgovory

I read that the US has admitted to killing a high up Hezbollah guy back in 2008.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

The coverage of Iraqi beheadings and ISIS beheadings seems roughly comparable to me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on January 31, 2015, 08:48:41 PM
I read that the US has admitted to killing a high up Hezbollah guy back in 2008.

Mughniyah?  Yeah, that fucking piece of shit had run up quite the tab over the years, and it was time to collect on his ass.  I'm glad the CIA was involved in twisting that motherfucker's cap back. 

11B4V

They should just scalp folks, then release them.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

OttoVonBismarck

Whatever happened to traditional beheadings in which you actually cut the guy's head off to kill them. Most of these people are having their throats slit and then they just hack/saw the head off the already dead body. Middle Ages Euro rulers would be shocked at their incompetence in head-removal.

mongers

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on January 31, 2015, 09:11:01 PM
Whatever happened to traditional beheadings in which you actually cut the guy's head off to kill them. Most of these people are having their throats slit and then they just hack/saw the head off the already dead body. Middle Ages Euro rulers would be shocked at their incompetence in head-removal.

That's why I support some Japanese militarists going over there and teaching them how it's done.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on January 31, 2015, 09:11:01 PM
Having your throat slit kills you, but it doesn't kill you that quickly.