News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

70th Anniversary of D-Day

Started by Valmy, June 06, 2014, 11:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on June 06, 2014, 01:33:22 PM
Is that the one that's basically just a closed social club for drinking, or am I thinking of the Elks?  I know they all do some charity work on the side, but I thought there was one that didn't have degrees, ritual, shit like that.

You're thinking of the Moose Lodge.

Caliga

Ah, ok.  Founded right here in Louisville. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Zanza

This cannot be proper etiquette.  :bowler:

Valmy

Damn Obama has exotic tastes.  Prime Ministers and Monarchs only.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PRC

Also from the ceremony:

Good summary of East / West current relations.

Valmy

Actually I am surprised Putin showed up, Russia had no direct involvement.  Though I guess Obama would be expected to turn up for Stalingrad ceremonies.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

The next such celebration would be the victory parade in Moscow on 9th May next year.

Razgovory

Well the Russians are moving back from the eastern border of Ukraine so maybe the "You can't eat at our lunch table", politics is working. :hmm:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zanza

Quote from: Razgovory on June 06, 2014, 03:08:13 PM
Well the Russians are moving back from the eastern border of Ukraine so maybe the "You can't eat at our lunch table", politics is working. :hmm:
That policy may need some more work as Putin did in fact eat at their lunch table...

Admiral Yi

Jeez, maybe it's time to stop wheeling the poor queen out for public events.  :(

mongers

Anyone else catch the translation of what Hollande and the war veteran were discussing at the main ceremony?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 06, 2014, 03:17:32 PM
Jeez, maybe it's time to stop wheeling the poor queen out for public events.  :(

I'd guess this was one of those that she particularly wanted to attend, she was certainly animated and talkative enough. 

I'm guessing she's had a lifetime of sitting through some dreadfully dull functions, those should be cut back first.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 06, 2014, 03:17:32 PM

I'm under the impression that it's her call when to stop wheeling.

Razgovory

She's probably the only one there that actually remembers D-Day.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017