News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Small and puny Canada, by moving its soccer / hockey slider to full hockey, wins at one and loses at the other. The strong and mighty US, by trying to win at both and keeping its slider in the middle, loses at both.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Canada also suffers the handicap of not having many GIs fucking foreign women.

Valmy

Soccer is basically Hockey on grass without sticks.  Canadians should be fine.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2014, 11:44:53 AM

but no hitting? There is no Honour in that.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2014, 11:44:53 AM

I don't know...Sidney Crosby has enough trouble staying healthy in one sport. How many headers before the first concussion?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Norgy

I have to say the US fans have been among the most vociferous on the stadiums, and seem like a good bunch. How's the atmosphere at MSL games? I notice most clubs attract a good-sized crowd.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Norgy on July 02, 2014, 12:20:22 PM
I have to say the US fans have been among the most vociferous on the stadiums, and seem like a good bunch. How's the atmosphere at MSL games? I notice most clubs attract a good-sized crowd.

Soccer in America is populated by super hardcore fans. There is no casual crowd.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Yep.  Even at the lower tier games here in Austin they come and bang instruments and chant the whole time.  They really get into it.

I can only assume it is a similar demographic who goes to the Whitecaps games.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

I think they're saying lots of drunken Mexicans, and gringos imitating drunken Mexicans.

FunkMonk

Being Mexican-American I hold allegiance to both Mexico and USA at soccer matches, though when they face each other I always root for America.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Norgy on July 02, 2014, 12:20:22 PM

Also hipsters and other "cool kids" have taken over the sport here. I largely associate the fanbase as part Mexican and part middle-class white kids.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Norgy

It's hardly a working-class game here anymore either. Mostly because of a) there's hadly a working-class and b) those left can't afford the tickets.

Admiral Yi

How much does a ticket to the hooligan section go for these days?

Norgy

Depends. Do you want light bruising or the full headbutt?

Admiral Yi

Punch in the gob, no teeth lost.