News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Yooess crummy at holding on to the ball.  But thank God they ditched the Waldo outfits.

I'd pay money to see a US player break Pepe's femur after a cheap shot.

Norgy

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 16, 2014, 05:57:35 PM

As I understand it you are going to have to wait for a while as Pepe will miss the game against the US because of his Red Card.

Admiral Yi

I can live with that.

Duque de Bragança

Is this a reference to the Pepe-Real-Madrid-style "challenge" by Jones to a Ghana player during the first half?

Norgy

Yooess crummy at holding on to the ball.  But thank God they ditched the Waldo outfits.

Stats mean little. 60-40 possession to Ghana. And no goals. I was brought up with the ethos that what you do with the ball when you have it is more important than just having it for the sake of it. The US can probably counter Ghana to 3 or 4 to nil, as the Ghana defence isn't just shaky, it's like Berlin 1945.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 16, 2014, 06:11:10 PM
Is this a reference to the Pepe-Real-Madrid-style "challenge" by Jones to a Ghana player during the first half?

No, and I don't know what you're talking about.

HVC

America isn't playing that convincingly. If Portugal wasn't missing a quarter of their top line they might of beat them
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 16, 2014, 06:20:29 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 16, 2014, 06:11:10 PM

No, and I don't know what you're talking about.

Then I guess you you give attention to football the way you watch movies, only some bits here and there.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on June 16, 2014, 06:20:52 PM
America isn't playing that convincingly. If Portugal wasn't missing a quarter of their top line they might of beat them

Honestly, not having Hugo Almeida is not a crippling loss. Now Coentrão...

FunkMonk

Imagine if Ghana were competent. :bleeding:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Norgy

Essien on. I am unsure as to why he didn't start.

There are so many great African footballers, but no country except the Ivorians seem to function as a collective.

FunkMonk

Müller is going to score 10 goals in the group phase.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive