News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

I would've thought so. I missed quite a few results, as I can recall at least.

Never saw the Dutch beating Spain, think I went for a draw in England - Italy and screwed up a few more predictions based on no knowledge.

Norgy

Right. I notice I have registered twice. This is embarrassing.

Josephus

Viking takes an early lead with six correct guesses.
Liep,Frunk, Norgy have five.

Everybody picked Uruguay to win.

Only Syt picked the Dutch to win (thought that was surprising)

everybody had Brazil over Croatia.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Japan were awful :(
Had the England came spoiled for me despite my best efforts to avoid seeing the score until I could watch it. Meh.

The Dutch beating Spain isn't too suprising. Spain would seem more likely to win but it a regular Dutch victory wouldn't have been a shock. What actually happened though....wow.

No thought whatsoever went into my predictions. Just to defend myself. :p
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Switzerland are worse than I remember (terrible midfield), Ecuador about as bad as I imagined. Another failed picked. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Okay, that guy with the terrible haircut just redeemed himself. And also corrected my pick.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Hansmeister

I can't remember another WC where so many teams which had 1:0 leads ended up losing. This makes five games so far.

FunkMonk

That game was real bad but the last second goal saved it.

Even the bad games are better than anything from 2010. Brazil 2014 forever.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Agelastus

:mad:

I had Switzerland-Ecuador as a draw! Why couldn't they have settled for the draw that all the commentators seemed to think they already had.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Zanza

No national anthems for France and Honduras. :huh:

Allez les Bleus! :frog:

Liep

Liep

2 crossbars for France, and Pogba gets the blame for a scumbag move by a Honduran. A little more luck, please.

garbon

Quote from: Liep on June 15, 2014, 02:33:26 PM
2 crossbars for France, and Pogba gets the blame for a scumbag move by a Honduran. A little more luck, please.

He kicked back. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Liep

Pogba again suffers Palacios stupidity, this time a just outcome.