And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

At least Australia is out. 

Pedrito

In two games Spain had at most four clear goal attempts, it seems they suddenly became unable finalize their game.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

FunkMonk

Even when they're two goals away from being knocked out Spain are still allergic to shooting.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

Torres is utterly useless. I am glad Chelsea is spending 30 million quids to replace him with Diego Costa.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Tamas on June 18, 2014, 03:51:13 PM
Torres is utterly useless. I am glad Chelsea is spending 30 million quids to replace him with Diego Costa.
:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

alfred russel

Spain is now facing the consequences of past failures in the 80 Years War and the South American Wars of Independence.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Zanza

Quote from: PRC on June 18, 2014, 03:35:12 PM
Is it an international sport competition if the Blue Jays make the World Series?  What about any Canadian NHL team versus an American team?
Superbowl and World Series are just regional events that don't have the same global reach as the World Cup. That's visible in Google's search trends as well:

https://www.google.de/trends/explore#q=superbowl%2C%20world%20cup%2C%20world%20series%2C%20olympics&cmpt=q

Norgy

This isn't Spain being poor, it's Chile working them apart. They've kept up their aggression and pressing all night.

And it's bye, bye to Spain! At least you have other stuff to celebrate. Like, you know, a new king and knee-deep debt.

Sheilbh

Not with a bang but a whimper :(

QuoteEven when they're two goals away from being knocked out Spain are still allergic to shooting.
Yep. Or just trying to get it in the box :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Norgy on June 18, 2014, 04:01:32 PM
And it's bye, bye to Spain! At least you have other stuff to celebrate. Like, you know, a new king and knee-deep debt.
Revolution!
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

So which players of Spain's golden generation will retire now?

I guess Casillas, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Villa. Perhaps Torres, Iniesta...

The Larch

What an absolute disgrace. I'm at a loss for words.

Zanza

Hansmeister

Quote from: Zanza on June 18, 2014, 04:09:46 PM
So which players of Spain's golden generation will retire now?

I guess Casillas, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Villa. Perhaps Torres, Iniesta...

I expect you'll see a very different team in two years.