News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What kind of engineer should you be?

Started by merithyn, May 22, 2014, 03:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Savonarola

Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2014, 03:29:02 PM
Quote from: merithyn on May 22, 2014, 03:12:46 PM
I got Environmental Engineer. :D

QuoteThe Engineering Personality Quiz

You relate easily to people and can be very convincing.  You know what people need to make their lives better.  You can be warm and generous, and when things are going well for you you tell everyone and can't help but share the laughter.

You might make a good: Environmental Engineer

Environmental engineers apply engineering principles to the improvement and protection of the environment.  They help protect ecosystems,  water resources, people and animals, from the effects of industry.  They make sure we consider things like temperature changes, chemicals, fires or landscape changes in our technology projects.

Is that the one they give to girls who take this quiz?

When I started my undergraduate degree environmental engineering was part of civil engineering at my alma mater.  So many students were focusing in that area that the university broke it off and made it a separate department.  This was the age of Captain Planet.  A lot of students went into the field thinking they would save the environment only to discover that the bulk of the jobs in the field were in sewage treatment.  Thank you Ted Turner!
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

You're assertive and confident.  You can stand up for yourself.  You enjoy life if you're taking challenges head on and supporting the causes that are important to you.
You might make a good
Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical engineers are responsible for the physical design of products.  They think about how components transmit temperature, stress, or vibration between other connected components, and are heavily involved in the transportation industry.
Other scores:
Mechanical: 61%
Computer: 46%
Electrical: 38%
Materials: 30%
Aerospace: 23%
Environmental: 15%
Chemical: 7%
Industrial: 7%
Civil: 0%

What kind of engineer should you be? Find out at Spacefem.com
http://spacefem.com/quizzes/engineer

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

dps

Electrical

You have strong principles. You can sometimes be hard on yourself, but you achieve a lot and any team with you on it will be successful... even if you have to do the work yourself.

You might make a good
Electrical Engineer
Electrical engineers develop a wide range of technologies, from global positioning systems to power plants. They learn about how individual components interact in a circuit in addition to creating large systems out of devices and networks.

Other scores:
Electrical: 53%
Materials: 46%
Computer: 38%
Mechanical: 30%
Industrial: 23%
Aerospace: 23%
Chemical: 23%
Civil: 15%
Environmental: 7%

What kind of engineer should you be? Find out at Spacefem.com

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

I'll be a Disaster Engineer.   :cool:

edit:
sorry, misread it, that should have read "a disastrous engineer".  :Embarrass:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadImmortalMan

You might make a good

Computer Engineer

Computer engineers apply and construct computers needed for system design. They write software, design hardware, and work on improving capabilities like multimedia, mobile computing, simulations, and artificial intelligence.

Other scores:
Computer: 38%
Materials: 38%
Mechanical: 30%
Electrical: 30%
Aerospace: 30%
Environmental: 23%
Chemical: 23%
Civil: 23%
Industrial: 15%

<_<

Edit: spacefem.com? Is this an engineering for girls blog?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

DontSayBanana

Computer engineer, 53%.  Considering I got fed up with our computer systems' (lack of) financial accounting abilities at work and programmed better versions into my graphing calculator that I use instead, it sounds about right.
Experience bij!

Tonitrus

Poll is missing at least three categories:

Sanitation
Domestic
Psychological

Ed Anger