How have your hobbies helped in your occupation?

Started by Savonarola, May 23, 2014, 01:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Tyr on May 25, 2014, 11:55:16 PM
Quote from: Siege on May 25, 2014, 07:16:24 PM
My hobbits have not helped me at all.

That's because you work for mordor
One does not simply work into Mordor. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

KRonn

I haven't had my hobbies helped much in work, except a bit early working on in IT support my modest knowledge of computers from gaming, tinkering and using early DOS computers helped a bit. But most of my support is application/software, not the technical/hardware side.

Tamas

I had my work and hobby separated until I got my present job, when they have become more or less one and the same.  :cool:

Caliga

When I was a teenager I had a hobby of writing computer games in stuff like Turbo Pascal.  I guess that's helped me quite a bit in my career (the programming piece, at least).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on May 27, 2014, 11:08:35 AM
I had my work and hobby separated until I got my present job, when they have become more or less one and the same.  :cool:

I still don't want World War One.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 27, 2014, 07:59:24 PM
Quote from: Tamas on May 27, 2014, 11:08:35 AM

I still don't want World War One.

:mad:

Ed Anger

Be happy that even a few cents of my AMERICAN MONEY flowed into your pocket when I bought those Roman games.

Ed Anger surrounded by Hungarian beggars
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Man the temptation to murder all the natives in that game was overwhelming. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."