Cue the Freakout: 'Coffee Rust' Hitting Hard

Started by 11B4V, May 19, 2014, 02:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: mongers on May 20, 2014, 01:54:28 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 20, 2014, 01:40:02 PM
Corn's pretty different though, mongers, since I'm sure we're talking about sweet corn -- a vegetable for practical purposes, ready to eat right away alongside any other garden vegetable.  Not the kind of corn that would have to be milled into flour, a la wheat.  Which is a pretty odd garden crop, I agree.

Oh I know the difference between US and English usage of corn.  :bowler:.

I assumed you did. :alberta:  Just noting that there are other types of corn/maize that do need to be processed to be edible, unlike sweet corn.

I don't see sweet corn that much in household gardens, but it is an extremely popular crop for smallish farmers to sell as a sideline at farmstands and whatnot.  Especially dairy farmers, since I believe they are using the same or similar variety for silage purposes.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Valmy on May 20, 2014, 01:07:26 PM
Pffft A&M has been doing strange things to sheep for over a century.

I saw an Aggie shirt Saturday that had a picture of a cow on the back with the caption, "You call it a mascot.  We call it a hamburger.".  I thought it should be, "You call it a mascot.  We call it a fun Saturday night.".

The Brain

I hear a triple stacker is one hell of a Saturday night.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on May 20, 2014, 03:37:46 PM
I hear a triple stacker is one hell of a Saturday night.

In the emergency room.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive