News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

UN Starts Talks on 'Killer Robots'

Started by 11B4V, May 13, 2014, 05:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Out of curiosity, who wants to build autonomous lethal robots?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Viking

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 16, 2014, 07:32:37 AM
Who doesn't?

OK, not counting japanese anime fans, which nation state or corporation or ngo wants to build autonomous killer death robots.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ed Anger

I'm working on the Assburger Terminator.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Viking on May 16, 2014, 07:33:57 AM
Who doesn't?

OK, not counting japanese anime fans, which nation state or corporation or ngo wants to build autonomous killer death robots.
Those Korean sentry bots sound like they can kill without a direct human command.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 16, 2014, 07:39:46 AM
Quote from: Viking on May 16, 2014, 07:33:57 AM
Who doesn't?

Those Korean sentry bots sound like they can kill without a direct human command.

on the border in the DMZ?

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 16, 2014, 07:39:46 AM

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.  The Samsung Techwin's SGR-A1 is designed to alert an operator if it challenges and fails to get the right response.  Whether it could be operated fully autonomously is unclear, and one would tend to doubt that for corporate liability reasons.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!