What are the neatest things you've done in your career?

Started by Savonarola, May 08, 2014, 12:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

Kept a bunch of people out of jail, got a bunch of people out of jail.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 08, 2014, 09:02:20 PM
Meh, I've done all sorts of neat things, too many neat things to mention because it won't get me laid here.

But I was thinking about it, and for a variety of different work and non-work reasons, I've been a guest on MSNBC (albeit by telephone) in its early days, I've been quoted on ESPN, responsible for an embarrassingly hilarious (non-work related) quote in a front page piece in the Washington Post that I will never tell any of you monkeys about, sat in on a group "technical advisors" session for a two-part episode of "Homicide: Life on the Street", was in a Russian-made documentary about US law enforcement, and had a one-line speaking role in a never-distributed minor motion picture that let me fill out SAG paperwork.   

Time for my closeup, Mr. Josh DeMille.

You're forgetting bunny suit. :contract:

EDIT:  Ed beat me. :glare:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 09, 2014, 07:26:20 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 08, 2014, 09:02:20 PM
Meh, I've done all sorts of neat things, too many neat things to mention because it won't get me laid here.

But I was thinking about it, and for a variety of different work and non-work reasons, I've been a guest on MSNBC (albeit by telephone) in its early days, I've been quoted on ESPN, responsible for an embarrassingly hilarious (non-work related) quote in a front page piece in the Washington Post that I will never tell any of you monkeys about, sat in on a group "technical advisors" session for a two-part episode of "Homicide: Life on the Street", was in a Russian-made documentary about US law enforcement, and had a one-line speaking role in a never-distributed minor motion picture that let me fill out SAG paperwork.   

Time for my closeup, Mr. Josh DeMille.

You're forgetting bunny suit. :contract:

EDIT:  Ed beat me. :glare:

The bunny suit?  I heard legends of a bunny suit cop way back when I was taking law enforcement classes.  You aren't going to tell me that was Seedy?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.