News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Scientists researching "space ark"

Started by Brazen, May 01, 2014, 05:52:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

I'll go. Whichever ship leaves first. I'll volunteer.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 01, 2014, 10:09:48 AM
I'll go. Whichever ship leaves first. I'll volunteer.

Even if it's Tim's ship to the sun?  :ph34r:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Brazen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 01, 2014, 10:10:57 AM
Even if it's Tim's ship to the sun?  :ph34r:
"We'll leave at night-time so it's not too hot."

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on May 01, 2014, 06:20:56 AM
I also love that title: "Scientists Building 'Space Ark' to Save Humanity."  They are "building" a space ark to the exact same extent that CdM is building a bondage cell in his mom's basement.

You really think the scientists are actually going to build one this time?

Norgy

Question; where the fuck is my flying car?  :glare:

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maximus

I actually think the engineering challenges of such a project would be minuscule compared to the social challenges.

Warspite

Quote"Yes, so anyway," he resumed, "the idea was that into the first ship, the 'A' ship, would go all the brilliant leaders, the scientists, the great artists, you know, all the achievers; and into the third, or 'C' ship, would go all the people who did the actual work, who made things and did things, and then into the `B' ship - that's us - would go everyone else, the middlemen you see."

He smiled happily at them.

"And we were sent off first," he concluded, and hummed a little bathing tune.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA