Germany moves to outlaw all violent computer games.

Started by Syt, June 08, 2009, 12:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Btw, I blame the Allied led pussification of Germany post WW2. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DisturbedPervert

Quotespree killers always played such games before they did the crime.
:lol:

I wish we could find out the video games history's uncountable serial killers and genocidists were playing.

Also, who doesn't play video games, often violent, these days?  Your not going to find many people, at least under a certain age, who don't.  Of course a young lunatic who massacres people plays video games, almost all young people do.

KRonn

This is nasty, dumb legislation, sheesh. Too broad a brush at the least, as it could cover so many games. Real life has violence, even games like Civ, EU, what ever have some forms of violence, though it seems doubtful they'd be covered by this, not at first anyway. More of the nanny state going over board. This will hit the US, and occasionally does in some form.

Norgy

In the future, people will remember the Bremerhaven Conference about the Final Solution For Video Games better than the Wannsee Conference.  :cry:

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 08, 2009, 01:01:03 PM
Quote from: Syt on June 08, 2009, 12:58:13 PM
Btw, I blame the Allied led pussification of Germany post WW2. :P

Yes.

If we followed Patton's advice, and used the Germans to help conquer the Soviets, this never would have happened.   :(

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Lucidor

Didn't they already outlaw white text and unit markings on black counters? :(

Jos Theelen

Nice. I should open a shop, near the German border.

Drakken

Germany should be banned. Morgenthau had the right plan.  <_<

Ed Anger

Quote from: Lucidor on June 08, 2009, 02:02:33 PM
Didn't they already outlaw white text and unit markings on black counters? :(

Give me white on black SS counters, or give me death.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Palisadoes

Pathetic. They were going to blame paint balling a while back too (though that failed).