And we're back!

Main Menu

Gerry Adams arrested

Started by Sheilbh, May 01, 2014, 01:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 02, 2014, 08:46:09 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 01, 2014, 11:35:50 PM
Why not, they're very gender-specific roles.

For Irishmen, I suppose.  Bunch of goddamned violent drunks.

Ag, how cute, he hates the Irish as much as negroes and women.  You really are stuck in the 19th century. :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on May 02, 2014, 04:58:14 AM
I'd guess that the most common outcome is that a suspect is arrested before they even realize that there was a warrant issued on them, so they never actually get to make a decision about what to do.

Mostly this.

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 02, 2014, 09:25:27 AM
I'd guess that the most common outcome is that a suspect is arrested before they even realize that there was a warrant issued on them, so they never actually get to make a decision about what to do.

Mostly this.

TV cops love the perp-walk. Are real life cops the same?

To be honest, I can't remember a named suspect running since moving to norway, and most definitively not in iceland.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

Quote from: Viking on May 02, 2014, 09:38:35 AM

Mostly this.

To be honest, I can't remember a named suspect running since moving to norway, and most definitively not in iceland.

Do they let him finish stacking firewood before they take him in?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Viking

Quote from: derspiess on May 02, 2014, 09:39:58 AM

Mostly this.

Do they let him finish stacking firewood before they take him in?

I think they just call, and if he doesn't show up they make an appeal in the media. Also, the only people actually held after being charged are murderers and gangsters.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

Quote from: Norgy on May 02, 2014, 05:06:52 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 01, 2014, 01:10:54 PM
Ah ok I did not know about that.  Damn the EU is complicated.

You think? No wonder it needs 79 million bureaucrats in Brussels.

UNELECTED bureaucrats.  Because in most of Europe people elect their bureaucrats I guess.

'Vote for Antonio for Insurance Licensing Processor # 32'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 02, 2014, 09:23:14 AM
Ag, how cute, he hates the Irish as much as negroes and women.  You really are stuck in the 19th century. :P

Not at all.  With open arms we welcome women & blacks into the Orange Order.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Norgy

Quote from: Valmy on May 02, 2014, 11:07:08 AM
Quote from: Norgy on May 02, 2014, 05:06:52 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 01, 2014, 01:10:54 PM
Ah ok I did not know about that.  Damn the EU is complicated.

You think? No wonder it needs 79 million bureaucrats in Brussels.

UNELECTED bureaucrats.  Because in most of Europe people elect their bureaucrats I guess.

'Vote for Antonio for Insurance Licensing Processor # 32'

Given the low turnouts for elections to the EU parliament, I'd question whether that particular assembly is really "elected" too.

dps

Mostly this.

Where would they run to?  There's more places to hide in the US than in the whole EU.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Gups on May 02, 2014, 09:20:48 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 01, 2014, 06:43:27 PM
26+6=1

Gotta love Irish maths. So quirky and individual.

You'd love the bumper stickers. I see at least one of those every day. More if I'm at the Community College.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

I swear I see like 10 of the COEXIST bumper stickers on my commute to and from work every day :bleeding:

Ed Anger

DAMN THOSE PEACE BUMPERSTICKERS!

Drive through Yellow Springs. You'd enjoy it. Get an ice cream at Young's. waffle cones there are faboo.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 02, 2014, 11:39:57 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 02, 2014, 09:23:14 AM

Not at all.  With open arms we welcome women & blacks into the Orange Order.

The Bengals have nothing to do with this.

CountDeMoney

Oh, fuck yeah.  Anything to draw attention to themselves, especially with cameras around.