Monitoring sites for updates

Started by Josquius, March 01, 2014, 11:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to monitor web pages for changes?

RSS feeds aren't to be found everywhere so I think something else is needed.
I've found a few tools in my googling around but many are no longer available and others require a lot of effort on my part, as keeping tabs permanently open on firefox.

All I want to do is monitor reasonably infrequently updated pages long term so that I can see when it has been updated. e.g. (one use I do want, albeit not the most important one) looking at the tour pages of band websites to see if they have announced any shows lately.
██████
██████
██████

sbr

I know its not what you are looking for, but I would think in this day and age following the person/group/whatever on Twitter and/or Facebook would be your best bet rather than refreshing a webpage over and over.

DontSayBanana

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/detect-website-change-notification/

Most of this stuff is email-based, but if you want a little faster response, check out the Chrome and Firefox extensions at #4 and #5.
Experience bij!

Beenherebefore

Quote from: Tyr on March 01, 2014, 11:25:37 PM

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to monitor web pages for changes?

RSS feeds aren't to be found everywhere so I think something else is needed.
I've found a few tools in my googling around but many are no longer available and others require a lot of effort on my part, as keeping tabs permanently open on firefox.

All I want to do is monitor reasonably infrequently updated pages long term so that I can see when it has been updated. e.g. (one use I do want, albeit not the most important one) looking at the tour pages of band websites to see if they have announced any shows lately.

Tried the app store for Google? I am sure you'll find something that will suit you there.
The artist formerly known as Norgy

Josquius

██████
██████
██████