Speaker/Headphone Question

Started by sbr, April 27, 2014, 10:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

I have external speakers and a USB headphone/mic.  I want to listen to music on the external speakers and listen to the game/voicechat I am playing in my headphones.

I assume it has to be possible, how can I do that?

Liep

Windows can't do it afaik, so you'll need to change the default to the headphone and find a music player where you can define output. Or the other way around and find a voicechat that can, but then most games will not have that option, so the music player is easier I think. Pretty sure VLC does this, but the music library function in that is non-existant.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Liep on April 28, 2014, 03:44:39 AM
Windows can't do it afaik, so you'll need to change the default to the headphone and find a music player where you can define output. Or the other way around and find a voicechat that can, but then most games will not have that option, so the music player is easier I think. Pretty sure VLC does this, but the music library function in that is non-existant.

This.  Windows to headset, media player to speakers- sounds backwards, but a lot of games and voice chat programs use low-level drivers that bypass Windows entirely.  Easiest to do if you're using a USB headset as long as you're not using an ASIO driver to cut latency.
Experience bij!