Canuckleheads are overpaid and have crap mortgages

Started by crazy canuck, April 22, 2014, 12:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: alfred russel on April 25, 2014, 01:09:25 PM
Grey Fox, I disagree with your idea like everyone else, but I get where you are coming from.  :hug:

But will you defend to the death his right to have it?
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Malthus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 25, 2014, 01:10:56 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 25, 2014, 01:09:25 PM
Grey Fox, I disagree with your idea like everyone else, but I get where you are coming from.  :hug:

That depends. Whose death, exactly?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 25, 2014, 01:10:56 PM

The right to hold the view that interest rates should be regulated with a mindset of increasing homeownership?

That is a sort of specific and narrow point of view to die over.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on April 25, 2014, 10:39:07 AM
Buy the time the place gets sold off the market will have recovered enough that you will not be eating a huge loss....I guess unless you bought your place in Detroit in the 1970s or something.
Technically, that kind of thinking of is one of behavioral biases.  When you buy high, you buy high.  Whether timing the buy wrong results in a loss or just a lower gain, that doesn't really matter much.  The amount you overpay is lost forever.

Not that I'm saying that there is anything you can do about the timing risk, I'm just pointing out that the reasoning above isn't really alleviating the concern.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: alfred russel on April 25, 2014, 01:24:47 PMThe right to hold the view that interest rates should be regulated with a mindset of increasing homeownership?

That is a sort of specific and narrow point of view to die over.

:(  It's attitudes like these that have eroded free speech in our society.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

alfred russel

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 25, 2014, 01:38:03 PM

:(  It's attitudes like these that have eroded free speech in our society.

Grey Fox is a francophone canadien. Not only is he not in our society, I couldn't understand him if he was.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014