News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Need urgent bond help

Started by Monoriu, April 22, 2014, 07:27:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 22, 2014, 12:41:16 PM
Is this the money that built the ghost cities and a hundred dams along the Yangtze?  :P

It is a crazy high rate though. Are these usually denominated in USD?

There are hundreds of different bonds for me to choose.  I'd say about half of them are in USD.  The other half are mainly in RMB or HK$.  A small portion are in NZ$, A$.  My bank doesn't do Euro bonds because they say it is too risky.  The problem with HK$ bonds is that the yield is extremely low, like below 1%.  This is because the HK government runs large surpluses and doesn't need to borrow.   

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on April 22, 2014, 09:49:31 PM
:lol:

So much for taking advice!  :lol:

Good luck, Mono.  I hope these bond-issuing guys are not as fucked as they sound.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Brazen

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

garbon

Does it require much of anything to be a CoE type?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on April 23, 2014, 10:30:27 AM
Does it require much of anything to be a CoE type?

A sense of community will pretty much cover it.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 22, 2014, 06:54:06 PM
Can't help you unless you come up with at least half, and pay off the other half before you go to court or it's pack your toothbrush time, I shit you not.

:mad:  Come on, why won't you just take 10% like usual?  Actually, now that I think about, Mono is a bit of a flight risk with his three passports and constant overseas travel. :hmm:  But on the other hand, he is too obese and neurotic to hold out for too long, so I don't think you'd have to go pick him up.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 23, 2014, 01:40:52 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 22, 2014, 06:54:06 PM
Can't help you unless you come up with at least half, and pay off the other half before you go to court or it's pack your toothbrush time, I shit you not.

:mad:  Come on, why won't you just take 10% like usual?

Half is 5%, Matlock.