Main Menu

Changing tires while driving

Started by jimmy olsen, April 23, 2014, 02:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Is this really possible?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQm5BnhTBEQ

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/two-wheel-change-drive-2014-4

QuoteHere's An Insane Video Of People Changing Tires While Driving On Only Two Wheels
Paul Szoldra Today at 9:19 AM 5
Hagwalah driving

There's no need to pull over to swap tires when you can just pop up on two wheels and keep on moving.

Well, at least in this instance. A video posted to YouTube appears to show a Toyota FJ Cruiser lifted on two wheels — which is only the beginning — as it gets considerably more insane after five people hop out of the car and start changing the tires.

This illegal sport, if it can be called that, is apparently referred to as hagwalah in Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries, and this latest video is just one of many we've seen.

This could be the most amazing or dumbest thing you see today. Watch and decide:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

How does the car manage to stay on two wheels that long?  :wacko:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Grey Fox

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 23, 2014, 02:27:40 AM
How does the car manage to stay on two wheels that long?  :wacko:

The choice of car is important.

Also roads in SA are very very smooth.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

I'm wondering how the tires survive this.  They aren't riding on the part of the tire designed to carry weight... let alone half the weight of an SUV plus a full load of passengers.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Meh, I'm not impressed.  They're not really changing tires, they're just unbolting them and putting the same ones back on.  That kind of misses the point of changing your tires.

Darth Wagtaros

Chuck Norris alone could manage that.
PDH!

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on April 23, 2014, 08:58:24 AM
Meh, I'm not impressed. 

As we discovered in an earlier thread, the average languishite doesn't know how to change tires at all.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Capetan Mihali

Meh, I'm not impressed.  They're not really changing tires, they're just unbolting them and putting the same ones back on.  That kind of misses the point of changing your tires.

Yeah, I'm waiting for the video "Changing radio stations while driving," that will be something to see.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Iormlund

I look forward to F1 crews implementing this method.

alfred russel

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 23, 2014, 10:12:32 AM
Yeah, I'm waiting for the video "Changing radio stations while driving," that will be something to see.

I've seen videos that start with texting while driving, or the more classic feat, drinking while driving. Those are mostly PSAs and snuff films.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

lustindarkness

This is old. Those crazy fucks have been doing shit like this for many years. For some reason since a couple years ago when they started selling the FJC in the middle east, they have used them a lot for this.

What sucks is they don't show off the videos of when it does not go well.   :mad:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Tonitrus

Far more surprising that they can fit four people in the back seat.

Josephus

Quote from: alfred russel on April 23, 2014, 10:03:40 AM
Meh, I'm not impressed. 

As we discovered in an earlier thread, the average languishite doesn't know how to change tires at all.

pffft...easy peasy. Drive to dealership. Leave car. Come back an hour later. Fork over couple hundred bucks. Tires changed.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on April 23, 2014, 10:03:40 AM
Meh, I'm not impressed. 

Yeah, what's weird is I've probably got more experience of changing car tyres than the majority of Languishites (the ones who drive too)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"