Meet Mr Poo - India's anti-public defecation mascot from Unicef

Started by jimmy olsen, April 18, 2014, 11:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on April 19, 2014, 10:53:07 AM
That the country hicks apparently poop everywhere is bad enough. Now keep in mind India's love for vegetarian and spicy food. :x
Food hygiene isn't that great in India either. I've know a few people who've been and everyone has had explosive problems at one point or other, one even got a parasite.

On the other hand I would love to visit some day.
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

I remember years back some of you jumping all over me when I tried to tell you how dirty a country India is.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

There are lots of Indians at UT and from talking to them nobody is even remotely interested in fixing these problems, like the squalor people live in is viewed as some sort of cultural value or a source of Indian particularism.  I guess like how Louisianans take a perverse pride in how corrupt their government is.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on April 21, 2014, 08:39:04 AM
There are lots of Indians at UT and from talking to them nobody is even remotely interested in fixing these problems, like the squalor people live in is viewed as some sort of cultural value or a source of Indian particularism.  I guess like how Louisianans take a perverse pride in how corrupt their government is.
Well, if they believe in karma based reincarnation then the people who are born in squalor deserve it don't they?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

I'm just glad that the Indian chicks I've dealt with over the years had been thorougly westernized.

Cute AND clean.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 21, 2014, 08:52:14 AM
I'm just glad that the Indian chicks I've dealt with over the years had been thourghly westernized.

Cute AND clean.  :)

The only ones I knew growing up were the offspring of nerdy professors and scientists.  And were far from cute.  My friend's in-laws from the UK, however-- not an ugly person in the entire extended family.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall