News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Not all black teens are thugs, News at 11

Started by merithyn, April 16, 2014, 01:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

and yet, he still walked like a thug.

Your walk is important, take care of it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 16, 2014, 08:06:09 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 16, 2014, 07:59:19 PM
I wonder how many Country musicians died from Alcohol or drug overdose.

Probably quite a few. Life imitates art once again.

At much later ages, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Savonarola

Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2014, 12:50:18 PM

Hank Williams was only 29 when he died.  :alberta:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

Quote from: Savonarola on April 17, 2014, 01:02:20 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2014, 12:50:18 PM

...generally speaking. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 16, 2014, 07:13:52 PM
Among regular people who aren't hiphop artists, accidental deaths are more common than homicides.  :P

Take the earliest date on the Rapper list and do a comparison with country for the same time period.

That would be 1987 to Present.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Savonarola

Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2014, 01:08:17 PM

...generally speaking.

An even greater tragedy is that Hank Williams Jr. did not die at age 29.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

11B4V

Quote from: Savonarola on April 17, 2014, 04:28:15 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2014, 01:08:17 PM

...generally speaking.

An even greater tragedy is that Hank Williams Jr. did not die at age 29.   :(

Jr. > Sr.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

I'm just surprised Hank III is still alive.

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on April 17, 2014, 04:18:20 PM
Among regular people who aren't hiphop artists, accidental deaths are more common than homicides.  :P

Take the earliest date on the Rapper list and do a comparison with country for the same time period.

Why?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on April 17, 2014, 05:30:56 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 17, 2014, 04:18:20 PM

Why?

Read above.

Razgovory

I did.  It does not give me a good reason to do what you said.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on April 17, 2014, 05:40:11 PM

You brought it up.

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on April 17, 2014, 06:42:35 PM

You brought it up.

I don't make a habit of answering my own questions.  That makes you sound like a blowhard (the you here is universal, I'm not referring to you in particular.  We had this problem once before).

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on April 17, 2014, 06:53:33 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 17, 2014, 06:42:35 PM

You brought it up.

I don't make a habit of answering my own questions.  That makes you sound like a blowhard (the you here is universal, I'm not referring to you in particular.  We had this problem once before).

You said "I wonder..." not "You wonder...."

Razgovory

Look I already made my point by posting the names of some of the victims of the "red neck" life.