'AC/DC To Retire' Rumours As Guitarist Falls Ill

Started by Caliga, April 16, 2014, 07:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :weep: :weep: :weep:

http://news.sky.com/story/1243618/ac-dc-to-retire-rumours-as-guitarist-falls-ill
Quote'AC/DC To Retire' Rumours As Guitarist Falls Ill
Speculation surrounds the future of the 40-year-old rock band amid concerns about the health of guitarist Malcolm Young.
12:24pm UK, Wednesday 16 April 2014

Rock band AC/DC are rumoured to be on the brink of retirement, with guitarist Malcolm Young said to be too ill to play live.

According to one of his friends, the 61-year-old is unlikely to record any new material.

Mark Gable, the frontman of fellow Australian band Choirboys, said in an interview with ABC Radio: "Malcolm is sick. From what I understand, and it's even been confirmed in part by his son Ross, it would appear Malcolm is unable to perform any more.

"It's not just that he is unwell, it's that it's quite serious.

"He definitely won't be able to perform live. He will probably not be able to record."

Speculation about Young's health has led to suggestions the band could be about to call it a day.

However, US music publication Billboard reported there is "no truth to the rumour".

The Australian newspaper also claimed the band are booked into a recording studio in Vancouver for six weeks from May 1, citing a music industry source.

AC/DC was formed by brothers Angus Young, now 59, and his brother Malcolm in 1973.

They moved from Scotland to Sydney, Australia, as children with their family.

The band has been a huge draw on the rock circuit for decades, creating anthems such as Highway To Hell and Back In Black, and have performed at sell-out concerts across the globe.

Their most recent release, 2008 chart-topper Black Ice, was only their third album since 1990.

Their songs were used as the soundtrack for the movie Iron Man 2.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Norgy

PDH

Sad.  I wonder if Malcolm's liver is finally giving out.  He had a pretty bad drinking problem for decades.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

I haven't gotten used to the new singer yet, and they're gonna retire?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Rumour debunked, no retirement, the band will keep playing, only without Malcom.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Caliga

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Caliga

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 16, 2014, 03:09:52 PM
Bon Scott ruled.  The new guy sucks.
:mad:

Bon Scott was one of the greatest front men ever, I'll concede.

Josephus

I like most music * but there are about 4 or 5 bands I can't stand.

AC DC is one.

* Except for anything recorded by anyone not born by 1980
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Capetan Mihali

I used to love classic "hard rock."  I don't hate it now, but I don't really listen to it either.

I make an exception for AC/DC, though.  I'll listen to any pre-"Back in Black" song of theirs that comes on.  Same with Black Sabbath and Guns N Roses. 

On the other side, the main exception is Aerosmith.  They were my favorite band (pre-Armageddon, of course), and now I can't stand them, not even their best 70s radio hits.  I also can't really listen to Led Zeppelin for more than 10 seconds.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on April 16, 2014, 01:15:55 PM
Rumour debunked, no retirement, the band will keep playing, only without Malcom.

So this whole thread is pointless?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."