News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Washington is humanity's worst enemy

Started by Syt, April 14, 2014, 07:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on April 14, 2014, 03:05:08 PM
I wonder if he was like this when he worked for the Reagan administration.

No, but nice attempt to bring partisan hackery into the debate.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

There are some commonalities in the Republican assault on truth and the Russian assault on truth.  The central tactic of both is to whip the base into fervor and get them into the habit of self-brainwashing, and spam the public discourse with absurd counter-accusations to confuse the uninformed middle into the "both sides are to blame" mindset.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Norgy

Quote from: DGuller on April 14, 2014, 03:52:43 PM
There are some commonalities in the Republican assault on truth and the Russian assault on truth.  The central tactic of both is to whip the base into fervor and get them into the habit of self-brainwashing, and spam the public discourse with absurd counter-accusations to confuse the uninformed middle into the "both sides are to blame" mindset.

You seem to forget that the truth is what most people agree upon, not actual facts.

I love Faux News, because they're peddling Rupert Murdoch's tears of defeat upon defeat. When that man dies, I will do a little dance and wipe my arse with a copy of "The Sun" I have saved for the occasion.

Ed Anger

I like looking at the legs on Fox News.  :)

Not just Shep's legs either.

Norgy

I prefer The Colbert Report. Gives me real insight.  :hug:

Ed Anger

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2014, 04:33:10 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 14, 2014, 04:32:16 PM
Ugh.

You know Colbert's taking over for Letterman next year, right?

No, I don't watch the news.

That was sarcasm.

garbon

Asoka?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 14, 2014, 03:13:37 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 14, 2014, 03:05:08 PM
I wonder if he was like this when he worked for the Reagan administration.

No, but nice attempt to bring partisan hackery into the debate.

I guess the previous partisan hackery flew under your radar.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I think it goes a bit deeper.  If Putin was an American, he'd be popular amongst certain US right wingers.  Anti-gay, pro-religion, pro-military and even a flat tax!  He also has that "tough guy" approach that conservatives love, and has no problem sticking his thumb in the eyes of his traditional enemies (unlike the weak, "Mom Jeans" Obama).  I wonder if we see Putin in the same way the rest of the world saw George W. Bush.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger