News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Washington is humanity's worst enemy

Started by Syt, April 14, 2014, 07:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Well this thread took a turn for the Raz.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

Quote from: Razgovory on April 14, 2014, 05:10:34 PM
Quote from: DGuller on April 14, 2014, 03:52:43 PM
There are some commonalities in the Republican assault on truth and the Russian assault on truth.  The central tactic of both is to whip the base into fervor and get them into the habit of self-brainwashing, and spam the public discourse with absurd counter-accusations to confuse the uninformed middle into the "both sides are to blame" mindset.

I think it goes a bit deeper.  If Putin was an American, he'd be popular amongst certain US right wingers.  Anti-gay, pro-religion, pro-military and even a flat tax!  He also has that "tough guy" approach that conservatives love, and has no problem sticking his thumb in the eyes of his traditional enemies (unlike the weak, "Mom Jeans" Obama).  I wonder if we see Putin in the same way the rest of the world saw George W. Bush.

You might be on to something there. But most of the west see Putin as Putin. A bully, a ghost from the past, someone not fit to hold any office except maybe comptroller of the beluga caviar.
The fact that this man and his cronies wield so much power baffles me. And what baffles me more is that Dubya vouched for him in his War On Stuff We Might Think Be Terrorism Or Such And Stuff.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on April 14, 2014, 05:16:03 PM

Wags shot first.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on April 14, 2014, 05:16:03 PM

I think a turn from Pravda to Raz is an improvement.

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on April 14, 2014, 05:10:34 PM
I wonder if we see Putin in the same way the rest of the world saw George W. Bush.

Then, as we already know, the rest of the world needs to get its vision checked.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Norgy

I have noticed a dramatic decline in marriage offers from both Russia and the Ukraine. Might be because I stiffened up my online security, might be something more sinister. They ARE coming, you know.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Norgy on April 14, 2014, 06:10:52 PM
I have noticed a dramatic decline in marriage offers from both Russia and the Ukraine. Might be because I stiffened up my online security, might be something more sinister. They ARE coming, you know.

If you are becoming less attractive in that market you know you have a problem.  :P

The Brain

Quote from: derspiess on April 14, 2014, 03:13:37 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 14, 2014, 03:05:08 PM
I wonder if he was like this when he worked for the Reagan administration.

No, but nice attempt to bring partisan hackery into the debate.

Kinky fuckery?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Norgy

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 14, 2014, 06:20:55 PM
Quote from: Norgy on April 14, 2014, 06:10:52 PM

If you are becoming less attractive in that market you know you have a problem.  :P

:Embarrass: I've gained weight. It's a glandular thing. And big bones. And... okay, it's just no willpower.

Neil

Quote from: Norgy on April 14, 2014, 04:08:27 PM
Quote from: DGuller on April 14, 2014, 03:52:43 PM
There are some commonalities in the Republican assault on truth and the Russian assault on truth.  The central tactic of both is to whip the base into fervor and get them into the habit of self-brainwashing, and spam the public discourse with absurd counter-accusations to confuse the uninformed middle into the "both sides are to blame" mindset.

You seem to forget that the truth is what most people agree upon, not actual facts.

I love Faux News, because they're peddling Rupert Murdoch's tears of defeat upon defeat. When that man dies, I will do a little dance and wipe my arse with a copy of "The Sun" I have saved for the occasion.
So then he got your money?  Sounds like he won to me.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.