I Watched Russian State Television for a Whole Day

Started by Syt, April 08, 2014, 08:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 08, 2014, 09:57:04 AM
All the counterarguments for going to war were presented to me by kiss-ass, self-censoring US media.  This is a myth of the American left.
Arguments are not enough, you also need facts.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 08, 2014, 09:57:04 AM
All the counterarguments for going to war were presented to me by kiss-ass, self-censoring US media.  This is a myth of the American left.

I was only there at the time.  What do I know?  I was appalled by the idiocy by both sides.  It was amazing.  That was when I checked out, for the most part, on the big media outlets.  Given their ratings these days a lot of people have joined me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 08, 2014, 09:58:38 AM
Quote from: Valmy on April 08, 2014, 09:33:34 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 08, 2014, 09:25:25 AM
Yes, Russian State TV shows the other side of the coin.

The other side of what coin?

The World coin. The Cold war is not ever, it never was. It was on hiatus because Elstine was a poor Russian leader.

He might have been an amazing leader while sober.  The world will never know.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on April 08, 2014, 10:01:51 AM

Facts are lovely.  Were there available facts that US media didn't report at the time?

KRonn

Whatever happened to the truthful Pravda? Now that it's gone Russian media standards have clearly gone out the window!   :D

Valmy

Quote from: KRonn on April 08, 2014, 10:26:02 AM
Whatever happened to the truthful Pravda? Now that it's gone Russian media standards have clearly gone out the window!   :D

:lol:

Pravda is still around but became a tabloid reporting on Aliens and crap I thought.

KRonn

Quote from: Valmy on April 08, 2014, 10:28:32 AM

Pravda is still around but became a tabloid reporting on Aliens and crap I thought.

Oh how the mighty have fallen!

Razgovory

I think they always did that.  The Soviets never managed to separate bullshit news and real news.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 08, 2014, 10:08:42 AM
Quote from: DGuller on April 08, 2014, 10:01:51 AM

Facts are lovely.  Were there available facts that US media didn't report at the time?

Define "available" here.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Syt

Their op-ed pages are hilarious.

"America: Most corrupt democracy money can buy
It's official! Thanks to five reprobates-Roberts, Scalia, Thomas, Alito, and Kennedy-who comprise a majority on the United States Supreme Court, America is now the most corrupt democracy money can buy"

"Ukraine and Crimea - an Illegal Putsch and a Democratic Referendum
At 6.05 a.m., (GMT) on Tuesday 1st April, a correspondent on the BBC's flagship morning news programme "Today" stated that Russia had "seized Crimea", faithfully following the rampant propaganda being hysterically stirred from Washington and Whitehall and by newspapers ranging from the Los Angeles Times to pick-your-favourite-news-outlet land."

"Obama: 'Bordering' on Hypocrisy
Russia is doing no more and no less than the American people would expect of their own government if it was indeed run by an American. In what appears to be a media-led effort to resurrect the days of Khrushchev and Kennedy, America is pursuing a path that can only be described as economically, politically, and socially suicidal"

"Barack Hussain's Legacy: The Top 10 Greatest Achievements and lessons to the world
Thanks to the overdose of gay propaganda he established a solid base on which to build gay bashing. Side effect 1: Gushing over the openly gay couples, yet refusing comments on his own ambiguous past associations he facilitated the spread of rumours about his own sexuality. Side effect 2: He makes Vladimir Putin look even more macho."

"America, minus the mask: First and foremost, a nation of killers
The entire American population is trapped in a self-delusion that they are heroes, fighting an endless string of evil enemies. But in fact their targeted enemies have always been innocent people, usually minding their own business, put in harm's way by their own valuable possessions, which Americans inevitably covet, and will kill anyone to get."

"The loneliness of Russia and the revenge of Hitler
Has the Fuehrer finally become the inspirer of the West? After the destruction of Iraq or various states of Central America, after the extermination of 4 million Vietnamese, it seems that the West, believing in its eternal and capitalistic force, omnipotent propaganda and humanitarian Messianism, wants its final war with the Russian bear"

Quite a few of these articles are written by Americans, btw.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

It's nice that Cathy Sheehan found something to occupy her time.

Tamas

Well, everybody laughed about Hitler and his schenangians until his propaganda machine of insane stories mobilised an entire nation for total war.