Australia's top court recognises 'neutral' third gender

Started by garbon, April 03, 2014, 12:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: HVC on April 03, 2014, 03:41:51 PM
Since it's kind of on topic, what the hell is this cis shit that's popping up lately.

Opposite to trans. So like how you have hetero and homo - not normal and homo. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Is this 'neutral' like as a car transmission works, neither forward nor rearward actions?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Since it's kind of on topic, what the hell is this cis shit that's popping up lately.

If you have to ask, you must be a cis-y.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: garbon on April 03, 2014, 03:53:12 PM

Opposite to trans. So like how you have hetero and homo - not normal and homo. :P
i see. I blame gender studies students for this :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on April 03, 2014, 04:36:52 PM

dammit, I thought you were over the punning
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on April 03, 2014, 05:01:39 PM

Never!

Or at least, not until I make BB beat his head into a wall in real life with it.  :frusty:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on April 03, 2014, 05:01:39 PM

If only. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on April 03, 2014, 05:01:14 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 03, 2014, 03:53:12 PM

i see. I blame gender studies students for this :P
My degree with Psych with minor of art history, so have at them. ^_^
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on April 03, 2014, 03:46:57 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 03, 2014, 02:04:10 PM
You know, most of the time Valmy is pretty sensible, save for his preference for the French over the British.  But every once in a while, you realize that he belongs in Texas.
Please explain to me the sense of forcing somebody to enter a gender if they do not want to.  I do not get the vital public interest.  I get if they go ahead and enter different genders all over the place, like Malthus suggests, but that is entirely a separate issue.
If you're asking me as a man, then I would say don't ask me.  Ask the universe.  They are what they are, and it can't be changed no matter how many homos wish it could be so.

If you're asking me as a god, then I have made them in a certain way, and they don't have the right to tamper with My design.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Barrister

What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on April 03, 2014, 10:52:40 PM
What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

:D
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Crazy_Ivan80

and when their remains -if any- are dug up in a 1000 years by some intrepid archaeologist they'll get labeled as male or female after all.

garbon

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on April 04, 2014, 06:06:29 AM
and when their remains -if any- are dug up in a 1000 years by some intrepid archaeologist they'll get labeled as male or female after all.

Such little imagination.